Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 5x7 Monorail Cameras????

Re: 5x7 Monorail Cameras????

Roger & Randy - I'm glad you weren't posting about your Monster Linhofs 10 days or so ago. On March 20 a disassembled one that looked pretty complete sold on eBay for about $240 with the shipping. It was all I could do to not bid, but I managed to restrain myself. Probably would have been outbid anyway (I keep telling myself). I know I don't NEED a huge Linhof, but that doesn't mean I don't WANT one (and have for 50 years). But passing up this one doesn't mean I'm entirely safe. Another could come along when I have less willpower. I certainly enjoy reading that you guys own and enjoy using yours. Over the years I've wondered if any of these were still in use anywhere.

Len

I have a Burke and James Saturn 75 monorail camera. I am not crazy about the square rail, but it is not too heavy of a camera. It is made of wood and metal with real nice bellows, which I am sure replaced the original bellows.

I had it for sale on this forum a while back and no one was interested in it, so I decided to keep it.

Jose
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B&J75Rightside.jpg   B&J75rightback.jpg   B&J45label.jpg  

Those are nice, they have the aluminum B&J GG frame which never breaks or wears out. It will last forever. It's really nice with the original folding hood, so you don't need a dark cloth. Very underappreciated.

Actually not worth selling.

Quote Originally Posted by joselsgil View Post
    I have a Burke and James Saturn 75 monorail camera. I am not crazy about the square rail, but it is not too heavy of a camera. It is made of wood and metal with real nice bellows, which I am sure replaced the original bellows.

I had it for sale on this forum a while back and no one was interested in it, so I decided to keep it.

Jose

Just saw a dirt cheap color kardan on the bay... 5X7 monorail...

I have a 5x7 Linhof Technica that I really like. Heavy, but bullet proof.

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    Just saw a dirt cheap color kardan on the bay... 5X7 monorail...
    It has the wide angle front panel on it which will allow the use of lenses as short as 47mm. It takes 5x7 Technika boards which are mind blowingly expensive. Genuine ones $179 each the last time I looked, but can easily made from 2mm thick aluminium sheet. They are 129mm square.

That one been for sale a long time. It has the really beautiful OE bellows. Very similar to mine. I also have a bitza, where it has several different factory paint jobs. Adorama had a few nice spare standards.

It's definitely a studio camera or hire Sherpas to carry it up the mountain.

No wiggles or tremors!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hesketh View Post
    It has the wide angle front panel on it which will allow the use of lenses as short as 47mm. It takes 5x7 Technika boards which are mind blowingly expensive. Genuine ones $179 each the last time I looked, but can easily made from 2mm thick aluminium sheet. They are 129mm square.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hesketh View Post
    Its good that there are so many chinese knock offs of these boards for a penny a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    Its good that there are so many chinese knock offs of these boards for a penny a piece.
    5x7??

I've never seen one. Homemade yes, but not import.

5X7 is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Whitaker View Post
    5x7??