Hi All,

I work for a busy photographic studio in London, UK and have recently run into a problem with the Hasselblad Flextight X5 we use. Normally I'd go to Hasselblad direct but since its only been a few weeks since its last service and these services take between 4-6 weeks I thought I'd try an alternative way of self-diagnosing the problem. I'd like to point out that the scanner is well beyond it's warranty.

We recently took on a scanning job for another photographer who needs 60-70 3f's made. As I sat down with him to process the first couple we, rather embarrassingly, ran into an unusual problem. I wondered if anyone on the forum had experienced this themselves and if they had found a way to fix the issue? I've included some screen grabs to help illustrate what I'm talking about here. The scanner seems to run into trouble processing the preview which comes through incredibly mixed up. this usually results in the holder not being ejected or Flexcolour crashing completely halfway through the preview. The only way around the problem is to shut the scanner down completely, usually with the negative halfway through, along with Flexcolour. I then have to re-boot the scanner and Flexcolour only for the problem to re-occur one or two scans down the line. As you can imagine working like this is incredibly frustrating and I can't find any fix online.

I wondered if anyone on the forum has any extensive knowledge of the X5 or Flexcolour that might be of use.

Here are some attachments:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 11.20.53.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	112731
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 11.19.08.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	112732

Thanks very much in advance,