Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: "For Sale" Forum available for new members

Re: "For Sale" Forum available for new members

"A forum I recently joined required you to do some basic math to join (square root of 41) and (68 squared) etc.
    That's a good way to weed out spam bots and such"

Yep
    √41=6.40312423743284868648821767
    That'll stop anybody not interested in large Format

It is fine as it is!

Quote Originally Posted by cowanw View Post
    "A forum I recently joined required you to do some basic math to join (square root of 41) and (68 squared) etc.
    That's a good way to weed out spam bots and such"

Yep
    √41=6.40312423743284868648821767
    That'll stop anybody not interested in large Format
    That wasn't the exact one it was something like that but the answer wasn't one that would form a decimal.

I didn't do the math I just used a calculator, the point was it was written out without the symbols and then given a box (I think it was signing up for luminous landscape) to fill the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    ... and you successfully joined?
    Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    It would help (me) and possibly others if you got the old and new collodion forums merged or give Tapatalk app access to the old forum, I've posted on the collodion site (new forum) but takes months sometimes for someone to reply, I generally do not have computer address so using my phone is the only way I access forums and primarily use tapatalk.

That's the only comment I have, I can see how other newer members might stay longer if the two sites weren't so different. It took 2 months just for someone to tell me that the "old forum" even existed.

I know this is OT but the answer has already been given for the OP's question so I figure it's ok to go a little OT since it pertains to this poster
    You're right, discussing another forum is way off topic. But if the mods don't delete these two posts, you should know the "new" Collodion forum never took off. There are only a few dozen members and most have 1-3 posts. You, with 11 posts, are in the top 5, including the admin.

The "original" Collodion.com has thousands of members and a lot have hundreds or thousands of posts. I don't use that "new" site, and no one else does either. I'll mention to the owner that you want Tapatalk sometime, whatever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by goamules View Post
    You're right, discussing another forum is way off topic. But if the mods don't delete these two posts, you should know the "new" Collodion forum never took off. There are only a few dozen members and most have 1-3 posts. You, with 11 posts, are in the top 5, including the admin.

The "original" Collodion.com has thousands of members and a lot have hundreds or thousands of posts. I don't use that "new" site, and no one else does either. I'll mention to the owner that you want Tapatalk sometime, whatever that is.
    Yes please, do ask

Thanks mods!

2 Bit Hack

Ah, I see the difficultly with the permission and group issues. You are unable to distinguish rwx within groups. I understand the waiting period now. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Regards

Marty

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Wise words of wisdom! (But I did like Ralph's wisdom too... and he writes with fewer words, which is good.)
    Hah!

Rick "agreeing" Denney

Kind of in agreement (me being a n00b to the BOARD, but not to LF photography). I participate in in digital forums like FredMiranda very actively, but my LF stuff takes a bit of time to find resources - but I've known about LFP for over 5 years. I just haven't actively participated, because I'm a bit of a novice in this "realm". But its the same in photography on the whole, and especially in the smaller nieche "elite" parts. I don't even want to go near the Urban Exploration folks - they are worse than this!!! Not everyone breaks out the 8x10 monster day in, day out.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloJohn View Post
    Kind of in agreement (me being a n00b to the BOARD, but not to LF photography). I participate in in digital forums like FredMiranda very actively, but my LF stuff takes a bit of time to find resources - but I've known about LFP for over 5 years. I just haven't actively participated, because I'm a bit of a novice in this "realm". But its the same in photography on the whole, and especially in the smaller nieche "elite" parts. I don't even want to go near the Urban Exploration folks - they are worse than this!!! Not everyone breaks out the 8x10 monster day in, day out.
    You're new to LF and already on the board? 😯