Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 90mm Angulon 6.8 question

90mm Angulon 6.8 question

I've had this Angulon for a hot minute and recently got a technika. As I was screwing the lens down onto the board, I noticed that fully screwed it wasn't flat on the board. I took the board off and noticed this small little screw protruding out of the lens body. Does anyone know how I can make this fit on a flat board? I tried using a screwdriver to budge it but it wasn't moving. Any advice? Attached is a picture of the screw.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	112516

Re: 90mm Angulon 6.8 question

Put a notch in the edge of the hole in the board.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Seńora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

or remove the little screw. You may need to apply some 'advanced techniqes" to get it to budge, though.

Big Negs Rock!

Drill a hole in the board to locate the lens in the orientation you desire.
    Mark Woods

Large Format B&W
    Cinematography Mentor at the American Film Institute
    Past President of the Pasadena Society of Artists
    Director of Photography
    Pasadena, CA
    www.markwoods.com

hacker extraordinaire

I took my screw out.
    Science is what we understand well enough to explain to a computer. Art is everything else we do.
    --A=B by Petkovšek et. al.

Thanks gang, I wanted to check first before I took it out. Managed to get it out with some of those "advanced techniques" haha.

Hello, the feature that makes this screw is to keep fixed (immobile) lens to lens board and the lens does not rotate and move (sometimes retaining ring that holds the lens behind the lens board is loosened). .. as I have said, you just make a hole to fit the screw. Never again will give you problems.

Why there is this screw design? ... Because sometimes some photographers change lenses ... groups for repair, cleaning, or to change the focal length using the same plug (some lenses are convertible and taking out the group front lens focal length ... and the value of n ş f duplicated, this is good for portrait slightly flou).

(i am no speak english, google traductor. (sorry)

This lens is a great lens ... although there are of course other better. Your best value is its light weight and small size (many cameras allow to save with lens on).

I have several Super Angulon 90 mm ​​and interestingly all cover 8x10 "size ... in number f:22... only the Angulon f: 6.8 is not as sharp in the corners and not capable of movement ... but if someone only needs to Do an image and requires neither moves nor razor sharp at the edges ... this is a lens that can be used in 6x7, 6x9, 6x12, 6x17, 10x12, 13x18, 18x24 and 20x25 cm. (Of course, the variant of Super Angulon covers completely 8x10 "with more movements and sharpness)

Analog Photographer Kimberly Anderson's Avatar

I swap lenses and boards all the time, so I remove the screws. That being said I put my 90 6.8 onto my Tech III and that's where it's gonna go for a good long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco J. Fernández View Post
    This lens is a great lens ... although there are of course other better. Your best value is its light weight and small size (many cameras allow to save with lens on).

I have several Super Angulon 90 mm ​​and interestingly all cover 8x10 "size ... in number f:22... only the Angulon f: 6.8 is not as sharp in the corners and not capable of movement ... but if someone only needs to Do an image and requires neither moves nor razor sharp at the edges ... this is a lens that can be used in 6x7, 6x9, 6x12, 6x17, 10x12, 13x18, 18x24 and 20x25 cm. (Of course, the variant of Super Angulon covers completely 8x10 "with more movements and sharpness)

I get not edit the message (not to) I have written to memory and there is an error, the Angulon 90 mm ​​f 6.8 covers f22 and higher values​​, the 18x24 cm size but on 8x10" size vignetting slightly (only slightly ) corners ... and in those formats does not accept any movement of any kind.'s why can be used with all formats less than 8x10 "(if you need full).