Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ADOBE is on the run, failed at subscribtion

Re: ADOBE is on the run, failed at subscribtion

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I think Adobe is on the run, they are backing away from the subscription and now trying to sell low cost student hard copies.

These are signs of failure. It does not make me happy as I use Photoshop daily and there is no real competition.

I just got this email headline.

New Adobe CC / CS6 Student & Teacher Editions – How to Save 70%
    Huh????

What is signs of failure??

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    ......CS5 can't convert latest nefs from D4s for example so I'll need to get IT to install CS6 with latest plugin (still beta I think).
    Fred,

I believe there's no immediate need to jump to CS6 just for D4s. If you have the latest version of Lightroom, use that as your RAW converter and render your adjusted files to open in CS5. The LR5 Raw converter is excellent and easy to use. Make sure it has the latest updates.

I don't think you will have difficulty with the D4s NEF files, though I do not have firsthand experience with that camera. I know D800 is no problem.

Dennis
    I know just enough to be dangerous !

Tried LR but wasn't feeling it and my flow is Photo Mechanic > CS6 for jpegs or raw. Something changed in the net files when they brought out the D4s as I found the out hard way. Getting CS6 is no big deal. Have the ok from my boss so just wait till tech is back from vacation. Have CS6 on my Air if I need to access raw till then.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

I visited the Adobe site and I don't see anywhere that says you can just buy the software? I refuse to be a renter. I don't use PS all the time to warrant it.
    I work with a D3 and download through Lightroom and finish an image with PS if I think it needs it. Otherwise, PS is closed.

Kirk is completely correct...the company is doing very well and has transitioned to "the cloud"....what software REALLY compares with CS6?

There will always those who write and speak negatively about Adobe and PS. Those so disposed should use alternate software and complain about something else....:}

Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Puritz View Post
    Kirk is completely correct...the company is doing very well and has transitioned to "the cloud"....what software REALLY compares with CS6?

There will always those who write and speak negatively about Adobe and PS. Those so disposed should use alternate software and complain about something else....:}

Elliot
    What about those of us who do not make a living with the software? I don't teach PS. I don't work as commercial photographer. I do work for a hospital as a photographer but event the Shriners are bulking at the high fees Adobe wants. I'm just a simple fan of photography who loves the art form. Are we to be left high and dry?
    I love working with my CS3 but because I use some plug-ins that require a photoshop higher the CS3 they won't work now. I paid good money for CS3 and the plug-ins and I don't see the need to rent CC. I'm being punished because Adobe wants it all their way.
    You say those so disposed should use alternate software. I would say Adobe should honor those who use their software and help keep them in the fold not punish them or disregard them.

I love the subscription option offered by Adobe. It has enabled access to software I previously couldn't justify purchasing.

Robert CS3 is 3 generations old (4 if you count CC). What software company continues to support versions of their software 3-4 generations back? Very few-in fact none that I use. I have a drawer full of software CDs that won't run on my current computers, Mac and Windows.

I do teach LR and PS. Kids are paying good money to learn the latest software. So CC is basically a necessity for me as a teacher, but it is also a necessity in my business. Time is money and each little upgrade has things that save me time and therefore make me money. So CC is a necessity there to.

I'm perfectly willing to give other software a chance but to date IMHO nothing can do for me what LR and PS can do in terms of both tools and data management combined. I want to see some serious competition for Adobe but in the meantime I simply have to ante up.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Brummitt View Post
    I visited the Adobe site and I don't see anywhere that says you can just buy the software?
    If you mean PS CS6, try here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalo...ivesuite6.html

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    That is all great. But where is the UPGRADE from boxed CS5 Extended to boxed CS6 Extended?