I am scheduled to take a workshop with Dykinga in a few weeks. The materials suggest that I bring a grad ND and a polarizer. My only lens is a Schneider 210 APO-Symmar with a 72mm thread. I use color transparency film only. I have never used or owned any filter other than a B+W KR1.5 that I keep on the lens at all times. My meter is a Pentax Digital Spotmeter. I do not use any other formats (35mm or MF) for "serious" photography. If I ultimately buy more lenses I would think they would be a 110mm Schneider Super-Symmar and a Nikon 300mm/f9.

My questions: What kind of polarizer? If I want to meter through the polarizer am I required to use a circular polarizer, or will a linear one work just fine? Kaesemann or warm? Is there such a thing as a warm Kaesemann? If so who makes it?

As to the grad ND, from what I have read on the forum I was thinking about a Lee 2 stop grad ND (which would also require me to buy an adapter ring and a holder - or would I be better off with a hood with a filter slot) - am I on the right track? Any other options?

Thanks -Josh