Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kodak Ektascan B/RA - where get it in EU ?

Re: Kodak Ektascan B/RA - where get it in EU ?

Quote Originally Posted by ndg View Post
    Angus, I have been trying to get some 14x17 Kodak Ektascan B/RA from Michael at JQLW online for weeks now. He is not getting any positive response from Kodak. His impression is that Kodak may not be producing the 14x17 anymore since the demand for that size is so low.
    Good to know. I figured that might happen....8x10 still available I presume?

Yea. Z&Z Medical still carries it. JQLW does not hold 8x10s in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by angusparker View Post
    Good to know. I figured that might happen....8x10 still available I presume?

I spoke with the folks at Kodak Carestream in Mexico (I'm from Mexico). 14x17 Ektascan is most definitely in stock and they don't seem to think that will change soon. I can get 100 sheet boxes from one of their dealers in Mexico but it's VERY expensive. $320 per box I think... If anyone's interested in buying some, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by trundrumbalind View Post
    I spoke with the folks at Kodak Carestream in Mexico (I'm from Mexico). 14x17 Ektascan is most definitely in stock and they don't seem to think that will change soon. I can get 100 sheet boxes from one of their dealers in Mexico but it's VERY expensive. $320 per box I think... If anyone's interested in buying some, let me know.
    Mexico most likely is not going digital as fast as USA.

Ask how much by the case, which is 5 boxes of 100 sheets, total of 500 sheets.
    I would want to buy some, preferably cheaper than that...
    Tin Can

I'm interested too if someone would be so kind to ship a pack to Europe :-)
    Filippo

Quote Originally Posted by UlbabraB View Post
    Filippo, did you try Carestream italian contact? I think prefix phone number "39" belongs to Italy...

I contacted the distributor in my country, Romania. It was very helpful. The B/RA is not on the usual film list, only special order 5packs/box and only in 8x10 size, (I didn't ask but for sure it was the same for 14x17). The price was more than US but still acceptable.

Otherwise none of the usual inch size films are available, only european sizes (13x18, 18x24, etc) with good prices. This is the reason I bought 13x18/18x24 holders.

In Romania (and very probable in other EU countries) they sell only to companies not to individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Mexico most likely is not going digital as fast as USA.
    Ask how much by the case, which is 5 boxes of 100 sheets, total of 500 sheets.
    I would want to buy some, preferably cheaper than that...
    That's probably true, but they say it's in stock everywhere. It's just that Kodak's not dealing with small companies anymore, and big companies don't usually sell X-Ray film, but use it instead... so that's probably why it's unavailable in the states now.
    Carestream claims to sell 14x17" Ektascan to 35 companies in Mexico, and only on of those is an official carestream dealer, the rest use it for their own purposes.

I just sent an e-mail to this company asking for the price of the 500 sheet box, I'll let you know if it's proportionally cheaper than the 100 sheet box.

Quote Originally Posted by UlbabraB View Post
    I'll gladly send a box to Europe, but I'm guessing shipping will be pretty expensive.