Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
I've actually develops at least 30 sheets of the Arista EDU (FOMA 100) and it works fine in the mod54 I've never had an issue, then I do not at all use the recommended agitation scheme, I use a very very slow one in version her 10 seconds meaning that I invert so slowly that it takes me 10 seconds to do a full inversion back-and-forth so I suppose that has something to do with it, but that is my technique based on getting the film results I wanted not on the mod being difficult, but I'm sure helps. I also use Rodinal with that film so I have no issues with drag.

Anyway everyone has their style and preference and you kind of have to just try and see what works best for you.
Yea the the issues with the mod54 were not the big reason I. Switched to using trays. I switched mainly because I shoot B&W and use the zone system and so different sheets of film get different development times. Say I go out and shoot 6 sheets of film, I could have up to 5 different developing times with N-1, N-2, N+1, N+2 and N. Developing one sheet of film in the mod54 is a wast of chemistry and I also don't have to wait for the mod54 holder to dry before I can load more film to develop. Trays just work better for how I personally shoot.

But my mod54 still gets used even though I develop in trays. After fixing and bath in hypo clear l let my negs sit in a tray of water te ill I have enough developed to load the mod54 for washing as I described earlier.