Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iPod photo apps

Analog Photographer Kimberly Anderson's Avatar

iPod photo apps

I had my iPod nano stolen about a month ago and I am looking to replace it.

I was mainly using my nano as a music player for my car and with the Nike+ system for when I was running. I would replace it with the same nano as I had before, but some part of me thinks I'm missing out on all of these 'apps'. Specifically the photography apps that seem so cool.

iPod users, what say ye? Is the touch worth it? Don't bother recommending an iPhone, I ain't that rich.

Re: iPod photo apps

the iphone will blow your mind. you won't realize it at first, but it will. get the iphone. do it.

I cannot live without my iPhone. So handy for everything.

My top large format photography are are
    Reciprocity Timer (it does a lot more then reciprocity)
    Film Tracks
    Massive Dev Chart

Snap seed is a great photo editing app also. I like to use it to help me know how different color filters will effect my B&W photos.
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

I would recommend the iPod Touch just for its internet capabilities alone. I have an iPhone now, which is basically the same, except it has a better camera, processor, and of course phone capabilities. As far as applications go, I also use the Massive Dev Chart with it's useful timers—a great help in the darkroom, as well as a few photo applications, and one or two for work. There's also an app for recording your shots, if you're into precision rifle shooting. Overall, the iPod Touch is a great tool for the money. It's uses are almost endless.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    the iphone will blow your mind. you won't realize it at first, but it will. get the iphone. do it.
    CAN'T YOU READ!!! He ain't that rich (and neither am I).

...but of course, you're right (and neither am I ).

BTW, nearly all apps will run on all iPods, iPhones, iPads, iEtc's. More WIFI only devices are sold than cell varieties, and I'm not sure any of the apps so courteously suggested require cell service anyway.

I have not researched the iPod Touch so this might be too general of a generalization, but as far as I know, an iPod Touch is an iPhone without the phone. With that in mind, I will say that I finally broke down and bought an iPhone a month or so ago, and I love it. I am a list maker and have migrated my "places to shoot" list onto the iPhone. I have even started snapping digital photos of places I want to return to, so the locations are tagged for me. I think the camera in this phone is incredible, by the way.

I recently downloaded the Massive Development Chart and use it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Guru View Post
    I cannot live without my iPhone. So handy for everything.

My top large format photography are are
    Reciprocity Timer (it does a lot more then reciprocity)
    Film Tracks
    Massive Dev Chart

LG: a search for "Film Tracks" and "Reciprocity Timer" at the Ap Store returned no results. Where are these available?
    Thanks,
    Dan

Snap seed is a great photo editing app also. I like to use it to help me know how different color filters will effect my B&W photos.

Try searching again Dan. When I search for film tracks or reciprocity on ether my iPad or ion one they show up fine.
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

I own and use an IPod touch. In the field I mainly use a reciprocity timer-at home I use the MDC, I haven't explored much else.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

The Photographer's Ephemeris is a great app for planning landscape photos. You can see the direction and timing of sunrise, sunset, moonrise, mooonset and a host of other information for any location on any day.