Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shutter release cable for 1947 Crown Graphic 4X5 with 127/4.5 lens

Re: Shutter release cable for 1947 Crown Graphic 4X5 with 127/4.5 lens

Just use a plain old cable release into the shutter. (Is there something that I'm not seeing here?)
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_1856 View Post
    ...... (Is there something that I'm not seeing here?)
    Yes. When the body mounted shutter release system is working properly, it is a dream to have. It is far superior to a separate shutter release cable. Also, I think the OP wants to restore the camera to original condition...an endeavor which is commendable.

Jenks, Oklahoma and Domazan, Gard, France

Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    Yes. When the body mounted shutter release system is working properly, it is a dream to have. It is far superior to a separate shutter release cable. Also, I think the OP wants to restore the camera to original condition...an endeavor which is commendable.
    I have a 1950's Crown Graphic with working cable, well adjusted. Easy to use hand held rather than having to reach around and snap the shutter on the lens. Camera is heavy so more shake too. Also one lens I have doesn't have the cable release hole in the shutter so would have to hunt for the the shutter lever each time rather than using the cable. I did just get my hands on a beautiful clean 127mm setup that will allow me to use a release cable until I can find a working internal one.

Jenks, Oklahoma and Domazan, Gard, France

What a day, while browsing E-Bongle early today, I found the complete working cable assembly, no apparent kinks in cable spring minus the small screws, but with paddle and return spring, snatched it up and am waiting for it now. Now I have will have to get brave enough to install it without harming the bellows. Need to visit ACE Hardware for some screws though, even the little lever mounting bolt is missing in mine. It is a Crown model though so easier than having to deal with the focal plane shutter should I have to take it out.

I just finished putting Kiwi leather dye on the camera after having scrubbed the tobacco stained case with some good leather cleaner. It's gleaming at me now, will be better with Kiwi spitshined polish. Ah gee, I haven't spitshined shoes since I retired from AF in 1982. Perhaps I'll just rub it on and polish.