Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 8x10 Grafmatic?

Re: 8x10 Grafmatic?

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Good point, but I bet AA would have re-designed the zone system just to use them on his trips! Haha

Maybe not, he probably used mules...
    When AA wanted to go light, he used 4x5 film packs. 16 shots in a pack and they can be changed in subdued light.

AA also had hired help. (John Sexton was one of his final assistants.) Remember, he was a working professional who had work assignments.

Quote Originally Posted by blueribbontea View Post
    Since Graflex was the manufacturer and they didn't make an 8X10 Graflex SLR or Graphic, there was no incentive. I suspect the reason there is no 5X7 Grafmatic is that the 5X7 cameras were discontinued before the development of the Grafmatic. The bagmags work very well when the septums are in good condition. I have 2 4X5s for my Graflex.

Bill
    Graflex did make SLRs in 8x10 and 6 1/2 x 8 1/2. I've never seen any. J. O. Tepper, who used to sell a lot of Graflex equipment on Ebay, once wrote me that he had only seen one 8x10 Graflex SLR in 30 years of camera trading.

Speaking of 8x10:

Here's one for Bob Salomon, our resident expert on Linhof. I read in a general article about Technikas that there were a few (a very few) 8x10 Technikas. True?

Yes, one sold last year I think. Very big and very heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by jbenedict View Post
    Speaking of 8x10:

Here's one for Bob Salomon, our resident expert on Linhof. I read in a general article about Technikas that there were a few (a very few) 8x10 Technikas. True?

Cool! Well, at least they once existed, I'm now on a path for "normal" 8x10 holders, no more tricks