Hi Folks,

I have just bought an Epson V700 scanner and after reading about them, a betterscanning holder as well. I have dry mounted a slide as instructed on the "betterscanning" website and laid the holder onto the scanner. Hopefully this sounds sensible - there is only one way to lay the holder - then the glass insert as required, then the cut mask on top. I have tried using both Epson scan (newly installed today from Epson website) and Vuescan, but when I hit "preview" I get no recognizable image at all. With Epsonscan I get a message -"can not find document. Previw image in normal mode". When I look at the preview image, all I see is a mass of white and a very small amount of what looks like the holder. I understand there are locks on the scanner which need to be unlocked - I did that. Also you need to connect the electrical connection between the two parts of the scanner - I did that. Then when I used the Epson holder and clip in place, I get a fine image! All the settings for the scan were the same as with the "betterscanning holder". I noticed though that the Epson holders have "male" parts which plus into "female" parts on the scanner, holding in nice and tight with, I imagine, no light leaks.

So, my scanner clearly works fine but I must somehow be putting the "Betterscanning" holder in in the wrong way.

Can anyone shed any possible light (no pun intended) on what I am doing wrong? Anyway got any clues?

IF I can get good scans, then I am sold on this!

Cheers

Graham