Thread: Omega D2 enlarger

Omega D2 enlarger

Hi -

Quite a few years ago, my boss bought me an entire darkroom set from his neighbor (who worked for JPL in Pasadena) he knew I wanted to learn about printing my own work. In the set was an Omega D2 enlarger (very good condition) on a wooden stand. I was told by a photographer friend of mine that the lens itself was worth quite a bit? I did take a class or two, but other than that it has been in my storage unit for the rest of the time. I am looking to sell it and was wondering what they would go for? Any ideas. I am in the LA area, so I do not want to deal with packing it up and shipping it as I am 7 months pregnant now!!!

Thanks for the input.

Omega D2 enlarger

Your best bet is probably to sell it on eBay, Melissa. You can search their past auctions to get an idea of prices for the enlarger and the lens. You'll want to collect all the specific details from the unit before doing the search. You might consider listing them separately. If you don't want to hassle with shipping, just specify something like "Local pickup only" in your ad.

Omega D2 enlarger

Melissa.
    Take a look at Harry Taylors website www.classic-enlargers.com. He is the Omegaman of all Omegamen. There you will find what he charges for the Omega D2 enlarger. If I lived in the LA area, I would have purchased it from you, but I live on the other side of the earth...

Good luck anyway

Eirik Berger
    Vikran, Norway
    Best regards,
    Eirik Berger

Omega D2 enlarger

What Harry charges is far beyond what they go for on ebay.

Depending on the lenses and other extras it will probably be worth $100-$300. I bought mine for $100 with several lenses and a safelight and other stuff.

I would list it on www.apug.org as well as putting something up in your local camera stores.

If the enlarging lense is really worth a lot, then you probably want to sell it separate. However, really good Nikkor 50mm ELs cost about $50, so I'm not sure why it would be worth a lot, but it could be something rare.

Good luck,

Omega D2 enlarger

Melissa , quitea few years ago enlargers and lenses were indeed costly, if in good shape . Now everybody want to get rid of them. A lens that was worth at the time $ 500. you could buy it now for $ 80. Traditional B/W photography as we knew it , is on its dying stage ,regardless of an handful of people who would like to see it alive and and well. You will not get much money out of your equipment , i am afraid....

Omega D2 enlarger

Put an advertisement in the local paper and price the whole thing at $150.00 firm. You might get a little more if you wanted to dicker, but frankly you'll be lucky to sell it at all.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Omega D2 enlarger

Melissa, do you still have the enlarger and are you still looking to sell it. I live in Burbank and would be interested in looking at it.