Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attractive Display racks--do they exist?

Re: Attractive Display racks--do they exist?

I make my own to fit the occasion and the specific prints. A reasonable table top rack with two side by side bins for 11 x 14 takes about 20 to 30 minutes to make start to finish. I gave the most recent one to another photographer who was exhibiting at the same gallery a few weeks after my show so can't take a picture:<(

I think I might just look for some sort of cool box bottom. The largest size mat I plan to have in the bin is 16x20 so it doesn't need to be very large.

Thanks for all your thoughts,

--Darin

Drew Wiley

Sorry ... I lost track of this thread. But I'm not personally set up to mass-produce anything schedule-wise. Maybe after I formally retire. In the meantime, I've still
    got two bathrooms to remodel, need to put up an extra shed for my hardwood and spare gear storage, and somehow squeeze in another big enlarger. ... slow going
    during rheumatism season! At least I got out with my Norma last weekend for a token hike, though most of my shooting was from the road. ... At the moment, my
    day job is largely involved with equipment sales to cabinet shops, high-end residential remodelers, marine, countertop, "art" furniture and some pretty wild sculptors, lots of painters and faux finishers of all varieties, including govt projects. So I have access to all kinds of things, but only personally purchase select items that I expect to use in the long-haul, including potential showroom/gallery use of any description. About all I can do for anyone else at the moment is offer advice.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    We made these to put prints in our main space works pretty well and easy to make.
    Attachment 110030Attachment 110030Attachment 110030
    Its really amazing thanks for your pictures of display racks

I have given this a fair bit of thought and I have concluded that I will make my own and create it as a layer in a unique way of branding. The few times I have been to art fairs I have only seen a few artists who were truly innovative in the manner in which they displayed work. It's a visual thing, I think the *entire* package has to completely blow away your competition to nudge your business model into a profit.

I have a couple of ideas going but have not committed any of them yet.