Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Sinar history

Between here and there

Re: Sinar history

Just found this fascinating thread. I have a 13x18 Norma, which is marked M61 on the front standard, with two separate metal pieces and faintly stamped into the metal M62 on the back standard. It has the focus locks and the gear segment is steel.

I do wonder if this is really any clue to the manufacture date or just parts numbers?

When the Norma was introduced, did it comprise the 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 (or the european equivalent 9x12, 13x18 and 18x24) - or was it only 9x12/4x5, and later expanded with the bigger models?

Probably worth mentioning

http://www.epi-centre.com/reports/9903cs.html

(people who allergenic to digital do not need to click

Between here and there

A 4x5" passing through - it is a typical cobble job - older rear standard (M60) with the steel gear and focus lock, while the front is younger (M64) with "nylon" gear and focus lock. The rail was such in a bad condition I had to replace it with a slightly newer one - even locked down the front standard wobbled.

One of the attributes of these old cameras is that even after decades of use, they can usually be tuned back to perfection regarding smoothness of operation as virtually everything is adjustable with just some simple tools, primarily a few hex wrenches or allen bolts as they are called in the US. Finding the correct sizes is critical however as two are quite small (1,5 & 2,0 mm) and can strip the heads if the fit is not perfect. When properly set up these cameras become silky smooth with no free play what so ever anywhere. The later P and P2 models feel crude in comparison.

But they're still an amazing piece of engineering ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09849.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	114384

A new SINAR system owner asked a question about the 2 red points on the rail.
    I can not answer it.
    Does anyone know it?

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1400150664283.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	115382
    Sometimes love just ain't enough.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pierre506/sets/

My understanding is that on the F, when each standard is slid past, they can both be swung 90 degrees to be packed flat, with the bellows removed, of course.

Hello, I am a french reader ( in Burgundy) of the SINAR Story and .....it's wonderfull to learn a lot of details about this great Camera Sinar Norma. Often, i ask myself : How know and discover in images each Norma model after model trought the years to look the evolution and knowing what is my model ( one bloc is all in metal micrometric focusing and the others are with "teflon" micrometric focusing.... and I woulf like to know how see the year model on a Sinar Norma.
    Someone can help me to learn these details. For advance Thanks, if someone can answer me. Sorry for my bad english to explain my questions.
    Francis.

Name:	c85f4861-6962-419d-9941-17870add294b.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	201054

This is how I use my Sinar Norma for yet a few years ( the clock was bought in Sinar company when i took a seminar to learn to use the Sinar camera....many years ago )