Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can use Fujj instand film with vertical shots?

Re: Can use Fujj instand film with vertical shots?

I have no issues with the Polaroid 550 and Fuji PA-45 holder for 4x5. I'm shooting on P and P2, 8x10 with reducing back or on my 4x5 dedicated Sinar P.

I can make this combination work with the Polaroid 405 holder for the smaller than 4x5 format on the reducing back . Works best with the dark slide down, you have to bend it a little bit but not too much of an issue in my case. You can do it also dark slide up but then it's a bit of a hassle to get the 405 holder from under the GG. Can't make the 405 back work vertically on the 4x5 Sinar P I have.

I really don't bother with the 405 on Sinar too much as I'm mostly shooting 4x5 and 8x10 polaroid. The 405 is delegated to my Speed Graphic anyhow, I just turn the camera.

YMMV.

thanks Darin, I think I have P, maybe F, but I surmise it's same issue.
    This is fine art, no client, so I can just do horizontals. As it is not true 4x5 instant film now anyway! Thanks for confirming this is hopeless, needed to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Amedeus View Post
    I have no issues with the Polaroid 550 and Fuji PA-45 holder for 4x5. I'm shooting on P and P2, 8x10 with reducing back or on my 4x5 dedicated Sinar P.

I can make this combination work with the Polaroid 405 holder for the smaller than 4x5 format on the reducing back . Works best with the dark slide down, you have to bend it a little bit but not too much of an issue in my case. You can do it also dark slide up but then it's a bit of a hassle to get the 405 holder from under the GG. Can't make the 405 back work vertically on the 4x5 Sinar P I have.

I really don't bother with the 405 on Sinar too much as I'm mostly shooting 4x5 and 8x10 polaroid. The 405 is delegated to my Speed Graphic anyhow, I just turn the camera.

YMMV.
    +1

Those polaroid backs that take fp-100 film basically don't work on a Sinar. Not worth the frustration in my humble opinion. But the PA-45 (which takes actual 4x5 instant film) is a breeze to work with, horizontal or vertical.

I have Fuji back, not working Vertically.

Quote Originally Posted by kevs-2323668 View Post
    I have Fuji back, not working Vertically.
    Just to be clear, there are (or were?) two types of instant backs by Polaroid and Fuji that go by a variety of names. I always get the models numbers confused. But basically you have the thinner full 4x5-inch, single sheet backs that seem to work just fine with the Sinar. And then you have the 10-sheet pack film backs that shoot a slightly smaller image--these backs are thicker and do not seem to work easily with the Sinars. That's my experience, at least.

--Darin

It sounds lik my Calumet may have the same issue if I tried it.
    I am wondering if just moving everything back on the rail would be a solution, while shooting with longer lenses.