Hi everybody,

I got my own drum scanner and I'm going to run my first scans tonight. Although I am fairly familiar with the standard precedure of mounting slides on a drum, I have some questions which I hope some of you could help me with:

- If I use parafine for mounting a slide (with which the scanner was used the last ten years, apperentyl without any damage to the drums at least), how long can the slide remain mounted without being damaged? Can I let it be mounted for several days to continue on improving my scanning workflow or will it harm the slide? Would Kami SXL 2001 make a difference?

- Do I need to use a large sheet of mylar despite mounting only one slide for testing or would it be sufficient to cut it down generously for one slide and mount a blind duplicate on the opposite side for balancing?

- Can I use SDS anti-newton spray instead of parafin for mounting medium format slides? Do I understand right that in case of using anti newton spray, the slide can be taped to the drum without a mylar cover? And should I spray on the top side to avoid contact with the emulsion side?

Christian