So I just got back 10 of the last 20 sheets of Velvia50 I've got stocked and lamenting about not having any more and having to switch to Velvia100. It's not bad but it's not the same either.

It occurred to me that between us there must be at least one LF guy living in japan who's trustworthy enough and savvy enough to find the best price on a group buy of 4x5 (possibly 8x10 too I suppose if it exists, I don't shoot 8x10 so I haven't looked into it) and then ship it over to us to be distributed, I mean, is this possible? And price wise, is it any better than buying it direct from japan and having it shipped?

The last box of Velvia50 I bought was about $75+$10 shipping = $85/20 sheet box.

With a group shipping rate from japan to here, and then distributing the 4x5 (assume 1-2 boxes $6 small flat rate priority, 3-12ish boxes $13 medium flat rate priority, (don't have a large flat rate on hand but... Assuming) 10-20 boxes $17 large flat rate priority).

Can anyone figure the break down of shipping costs from japan?

What's the cheapest you can buy a box of Velvia50 for in japan? (Yen converted to current is dollar please)

Did a little research, as of right now...

$85 = 8,762.89 JPY(Japanese Yen)

Can we keep the total cost per box including shipping from Japan at under $100? Is that possible?

$100 = 10,309.28 JPY

I know Fuji announced another price hike (I think it will come in April?) so we should do that before then unless that only applies to the US and not to the Japanese film market.

I invite your input! Thanks!

~Stone