Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mod 54

Re: Mod 54

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I'm not sure how agitation affects the temperature of the tank.
    The agitation itself doesn't change the temperature. What changes the temperature is taking the tank out of the water bath and keeping it out for more than few seconds. For BW, no problem because the whole process is done at room temperature, but with colour at 38C the temperature difference is big enough to cause a drop in the developers temperature if you keep the tank out of the bath unnecessarily for several seconds. In that case, rapid agitation is desirable if not required.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzam View Post
    What works for me is:
    B&W - 4 inversions every minute - takes approx 10-14 secs using ilfosol. Don't get any problems.
    Slide & Colour neg (tetenal 3 bath) Invert tank slowly for 20 secs in first min. 1 inversion every 15 secs thereafter. No unevenness. I do get the occasional couple of sheets in the same grooves. My main problem is curled sheets that won't flatten out after drying. See my other thread about this. Very annoying.

Curled sheets - not enough wash time/not enough hypo clear (which are essentially the same).
    In some cases high moisture and high heat drying environment can also cause this but to a lesser extent.

Stone - the fact you get different results, does not mean someone else is doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    Curled sheets - not enough wash time/not enough hypo clear (which are essentially the same).
    In some cases high moisture and high heat drying environment can also cause this but to a lesser extent.

Stone - the fact you get different results, does not mean someone else is doing something wrong.
    I didn't mean the poster was purposefully doing something wrong, but something is wrong, bad water, bad film, bad storage, it's not just random, it's something...

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    You must be doing something wrong, I saw your post before, have NEVER had that issue.
    You said he "must be doing something wrong", because your experience was not the same.
    I guess this can be interpreted in some other non radacting way.

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    You said he "must be doing something wrong", because your experience was not the same.
    I guess this can be interpreted in some other non radacting way.
    Calm down man, stop making a mountain out of a mole hill. None of my terrible use of the English language matters, what matters is getting to the root of the problem, by mentioning possible issues in the process, one can slowly help identify a problem area.