Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: film

Re: film

AS I recall, Silly Putty had a fairly greasy base since I used to lift cartoons from the newspaper with it all the time and there was always a greasy stain left on the news print.. Residue on fingers could leave fingerprints on the emulsion side if not VERY careful and using it on the notch should only be done on the back side so that nothing touches the emulsion. Otherwise, there could be serious problems with oils blocking the developer wherever the stuff touches including from the fingers.

I think the paper and pencil idea is much safer.
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

joseph

Quote Originally Posted by madmax12 View Post
    She did not know what film he used. If this was you how would you process this film . Any suggestions appreciated.
    I made a note of this from another forum recently, probably photonet- I suppose googling a section might bring up the original post.

It may be of some help if you can sacrifice a small strip of film. Or maybe not, I don't know.

PROCESSING TIME OF ANY FILM IN ANY DEVELOPER:
    1. In a darkroom cut off a few strips 6-8 mm wide from the film you want to develop.
    2. Turn the lights on. The strips are fogged now.
    3. Take one strip with your right hand and a stopwatch with your left hand.
    4. Dip one half of the strip in a developer and start a stop watch. The emulsion side of the
    film strip placed in a developer will start lightening first and then darkening.
    5. WHEN THE DARKNESS OF BOTH PARTS OF THE STRIP MATCH STOP THE STOPWATCH!
    6. Divide the number of SECONDS shown by the stopwatch by 3. This is your developing
    time in MINUTES. If stopwatch shows 24 seconds, developing time is 8 minutes.
    7. Repeat two-three times for consistency. This method never failed for the last 60 years.
    Buena fortuna,
    Victor Petryakov

Wingnut/GearJammer/IBEWRetired Racer X 69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    I wonder what the cause of death was?
    Maybe the guy got too friendly with the models?
    Whiskey Is Sunlight Held Together By Water

Bet you got it at a bargain price as im betting he did not tell his mrs how much he spent on kit exactly to ensure marital bliss

Update. I finally was able to find time to mess with film . I set up the dark room got my stuff all together. Silly putty, pencil,paper and ready to go. Turn lights off pull back slide an...............no film either side.
    All I can say is .......My wife is safe for now. I have learned a lot about stuff here . JB7 I like your work style,and I appreciate all input . This is truly a learning site

Update. I finally was able to find time to mess with film . I set up the dark room got my stuff all together. Silly putty, pencil,paper and ready to go. Turn lights off pull back slide an...............no film either side.
    All I can say is .......My wife is safe for now. I have learned a lot about stuff here . JB7 I like your work style,and I appreciate all input . This is truly a learning site
    you're gonna need to double your processing time:0

Oh, thought you had already known there was film there.

My GF is not safe, neither are some of my ex's hah! Not because I have I'll intent, but simply because I am an artist, some of it can already be found "out there"