Page 424 of 843 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424425426434474524 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 8426

Thread: MF (6x4.5,6x6,6x7,6x9,6x12) B&W film images sharing

Re: MF (6x4.5,6x6,6x7,6x9,6x12) B&W film images sharing

Thanks Peter!
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Posted this image in the small format photo thread, visualizing the panorama with my cell phone.

Here is the panorama I shot with the K6x15v5 and 58mm XL again, on SFX. I shot the SFX unfiltered hoping the exposure would be a bit higher from the foliage due to the IR sensitivity. I shot this sort of handheld. I recently bought a Manfrotto Pixi tripod, and I used it propped against my chest to shoot this at 1/8 of a second at f/16. I started hiking and realized I hadn't put my main tripod on my bag, hence this kludge.

A little further down the trail I found a nice tunnel of kudzu:

These were both taken on the trail to Sunset Rock, in Point Park on top of Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga TN.

These are all just spectacular Bryan!

Pali

Thanks Pali! Just hung up a couple rolls full of architecture stuff from Atlanta which I will have to post later (as you've already seen part of on FB). I'm loving the camera more and more, especially for travel!

Okay just had to share one more tonight, when I saw the scan come up. Very happy with this shot; it's exactly what I was going for.

The Hyatt Regency Atlanta, designed by John Portman Jr., was the world's first "atrium hotel," a design now common that gives a grand view of the hotel from inside. I never knew this factoid but learned about this last week as I explored some of the famous Atlanta architecture. I was much more familiar with the Marriott Marquis next door and its sensuous atrium design but the Hyatt has a wonderful Art Deco vibe and a unique off-center detail piece in the atrium that was fascinating.

I wanted to accent the centerpiece sculpture with the skylight overhead, so lined them up and shot this off-balance composition to highlight this design of the hotel. The elevators timed themselves well for me. I used a free roll of TMY-2 a Kodak rep gave me some time ago and tried out some DD-X forum member esearing gave me, since it seemed to be an appropriate use as I shot the film at ISO 800. Really like this combination.

Shot, again, with the K6x15 and 58mm XL .

Will absolutely be printing this to 9.5 x 23.5 on some of my remaining 20x24 paper stock.

I surely recognize this one. I was there a few years ago and shot some pinhole in there, same with the Marriott across the street.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

The architecture image is great Bryan.

Thanks chassis. Steve, I'd love to see your pinhole images! Did they let you use a tripod in the Marriott? I hear they are strict about that. It's pretty dark in there compared to some of the other hotels. I haven't got to that film yet but I shot some images there. I was thinking about trying to use my tripod but there was a conference going on (my wife was attending, hence the trip) and so too many people to try that.

Also, user Kerosene Hat made a wonderful image in the Marriott way back a few thousand posts in this thread HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post

These were both taken on the trail to Sunset Rock, in Point Park on top of Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga TN.
    Magical!

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Okay just had to share one more tonight, when I saw the scan come up. Very happy with this shot; it's exactly what I was going for.

The Hyatt Regency Atlanta, designed by John Portman Jr., was the world's first "atrium hotel," a design now common that gives a grand view of the hotel from inside. I never knew this factoid but learned about this last week as I explored some of the famous Atlanta architecture. I was much more familiar with the Marriott Marquis next door and its sensuous atrium design but the Hyatt has a wonderful Art Deco vibe and a unique off-center detail piece in the atrium that was fascinating.

I wanted to accent the centerpiece sculpture with the skylight overhead, so lined them up and shot this off-balance composition to highlight this design of the hotel. The elevators timed themselves well for me. I used a free roll of TMY-2 a Kodak rep gave me some time ago and tried out some DD-X forum member esearing gave me, since it seemed to be an appropriate use as I shot the film at ISO 800. Really like this combination.

Shot, again, with the K6x15 and 58mm XL .

Will absolutely be printing this to 9.5 x 23.5 on some of my remaining 20x24 paper stock.
    Very nice Bryan!