Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted: 18 phtographers for the 2014 LF folio exchange. PLEASE READ BEFORE RESPONDING

Wanted: 18 phtographers for the 2014 LF folio exchange. PLEASE READ BEFORE RE...

My prints are ready for me to sign, but I have to allow the required three days of no caffeine before my handwriting will lose its shake.

Cutting them down was nerve-wracking. I am not properly equipped for trimming prints in production. But it's done.

Rick "from Starbucks" Denney

Re: Wanted: 18 phtographers for the 2014 LF folio exchange. PLEASE READ BEFORE RE...

One more added to the list. As a heads up - so far I have received the requisite 20 prints from everyone. I was unable to edit the heading from 18 to 20, but hopefully everyone has seen the change. Just one other thought and this probably applies more to the analog group of participants. Please try to make sure your prints are as flat as possible. This will help in putting the folios together., Thanks.

1. Jim Becia
    2. Cletus
    3. biedron
    4. chuck 461
    5. Erik Larsen
    6. mathieu Bauwens

Re: Wanted: 18 phtographers for the 2014 LF folio exchange. PLEASE READ BEFORE RESPON

Sorry Jim, I'm hoping a little Wisconsin humidity will help a little....

Re: Wanted: 18 phtographers for the 2014 LF folio exchange. PLEASE READ BEFORE RESPON

Mine should be knocking at Jim's door at any moment now. According to the tracking info on the USPS site it left the Nashua sort facility on the 24th (yesterday). I did the 20 prints and although they are on fiber paper (Adox MCC110), I made them flat.
    I am curious on their condition upon arrival as I've tried to pack them the best I could using cardboard and styrofoam. I also placed a blank sheet of paper between every two prints to minimize the chances on them sticking together with humidity caught along the trip. It was a lot of work but really fun also. I am also very curious to unveil all other prints.
    raul

Checking the tracking code, mine says:

Your item, posted on 20/02/14 with reference LY388604789GB has arrived in O`HARE (CHICAGO) and is being processed for delivery.

So hopefully will be received very soon.

Erik, your photos are fairly flat. Anyway, I have a way to flatten that hopefully works. Two hundred pounds of glass stacked on top!

Looking forward to the rest of the work. I won't see anything for a couple of days because I thought I would try the ice caves on Lake Superior once again. Hope my coffee can stay warm for a few hours!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becia View Post
    Erik, your photos are fairly flat. Anyway, I have a way to flatten that hopefully works. Two hundred pounds of glass stacked on top!

Looking forward to the rest of the work. I won't see anything for a couple of days because I thought I would try the ice caves on Lake Superior once again. Hope my coffee can stay warm for a few hours!
    I tried that glass trick for about a week before. I sent them it's that ilford paper, always a little curlier than other manufactures. Enjoy the caves, catch them while they still exist!

Couldn't resist using my newly acquired PD/PT skills - but so much damn clearing and washing! 10 down and hopefully 10 more to go tomorrow.... on my way to being an expert PT printer only 9960 hours to go!

Just need to flatten, sign and ship! Had some issues with consistency print-to-print and have no idea why: 13 sec. at f/16 on the same paper in the same developer ought to be pretty much indistinguishable between sessions. But they weren't. And I don't use chems to anywhere near approaching capacity.

Mike
    Politically, aerodynamically, and fashionably incorrect.

My images shipped, anticipated arrival February 28.