Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted: 18 phtographers for the 2014 LF folio exchange. PLEASE READ BEFORE RESPONDING

Re: Wanted: 18 phtographers for the 2014 LF folio exchange. PLEASE READ BEFORE RESPON

Atlanta Terry,

Yes, you receive one of your own back as part of the 20. Your own photo is an integral part of the portfolio, so should be in it. Of course everybody could keep one of their own and Jim could then return to each person a portfolio that lacks their own image, but I am sure it is much easier for him to assemble them if every portfolio is exactly the same. The change in shipping cost both ways should be pretty much zero with or without your own image.

Everyone,

The reason for 11x14 is so that the sheets in the portfolio are all the same size, and the 1 inch border leads to nice looking results for viewing. I participated in this exchange last year, and Jim does a bang-up job of putting it all together. All of his stipulations and procedures are such that it results in a nice product.

Re: Wanted: 18 phtographers for the 2014 LF folio exchange. PLEASE READ BEFORE RESPON

Quote Originally Posted by h2oman View Post
    Atlanta Terry,

Yes, you receive one of your own back as part of the 20. Your own photo is an integral part of the portfolio, so should be in it. Of course everybody could keep one of their own and Jim could then return to each person a portfolio that lacks their own image, but I am sure it is much easier for him to assemble them if every portfolio is exactly the same. The change in shipping cost both ways should be pretty much zero with or without your own image.

Everyone,

The reason for 11x14 is so that the sheets in the portfolio are all the same size, and the 1 inch border leads to nice looking results for viewing. I participated in this exchange last year, and Jim does a bang-up job of putting it all together. All of his stipulations and procedures are such that it results in a nice product.

Gregg has explained it very nicely. Thanks. Jim

If you are new to the exchange (like I am!) I recommend going back and reading through the threads on the previous three exchanges. I did that before I signed up and it basically covered all the questions I had.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...-Exchange-quot

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...lio-Exchange-2

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...Folio-Exchange

OK, thanks.

Could someone who knows please PM me with Jim's mailing address for the 2014 Print Exchange? I thought I had his address already, but I guess I never go it. I'm waiting to head out to the mail to get these sent and don't know where to send them!

Thanks in advance - Phil Maus

Ditto above, please pm address. Thanks

Jim and a few others have contacted me now with the mailing address, so I'm all set....

Probably somewhere here but when is the date Jim wants the prints and I would appreciate his mailing address pm'd or emailed to me

bob@elevatordigital.ca

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Probably somewhere here but when is the date Jim wants the prints and I would appreciate his mailing address pm'd or emailed to me

bob@elevatordigital.ca
    March 1st. This info is in the post #1 in this thread.

Roger

My eyes are not what they use to be, time to be set out to graze