I don't know what sort of camera Ralph Eugene Meatyard used, but I hope the Tuan and the moderators will indulge me if I sneak in a question about him at LFinfo: people here seem more interested in and knowledgeable about photography in general than the other forums I frequent.

I've been reading the Phaidon 55 on Meatyard and among the mask and kids pictures I knew he was famous for was an intriguing winter landscape that the text states was explicitly influenced by abstract impressionism, particularly Pollock. I had one of those 'yippee, someone else does this sort of thing too' moments, since I have been making landscapes and other images with a strong calligraphic component, with the abstract painters of the 40s and 50s as a major compositional inspiration.

I would like to see more of these sorts of images, and the lights-on-water ones, and the multiple exposures, and the zen twigs - but where to go? I would really appreciate any recommendations of places or publications where I can see more of Meatyard's landscapes. Of the books which are fairly available (the Aperture monograph, "Americal visionary", "Unforseen wilderness"), can anyone say which has the best selection of this sort of photograph? Are there any other Meatyard resources I should look at?

Now before the peanut gallery get started: inter-library loan is incredibly slow and expensive for me, and postage charges and/or snippy european booksellers make buy and return a non-option. Essentially, I have to buy and keep any photography books I wish to look at, so asking here is isn't just an attempt to avoid my local library or the amazon website.