Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Can I Delete uploaded Images?

Re: How Can I Delete uploaded Images?

One thing that someone mentioned to me: If the images you're talking about are the thumbnails in the Upload Manager, then those images aren't accessible to anyone except your account, including the moderators. There is a software bug that is preventing the auto-cleanup scheduled script from cleaning up unused thumbnails after an hour. The bug hasn't been fixed yet, so we'll have to wait until it is to clean up the unused thumbnails.

Thanks Tom:

What I am trying to minimize is the "orphan image" issue where un used and unattached images transition into the public domain if left out there. I know I can't eliminate the propblem, but I'm trying to minimize it.

Please keep me (us) posted on how/when this software fault is fixed.

Regards,

Drew Bedo
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Are you truly that concerned though? I mean, have you gone through some kind of issue where you discovered your images being used somewhere?

multiplex

thanks tom !

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    thanks tom !

i have ... and its no fun

Where they making money off of it? This is why I don't upload anything larger than 900 on the long edge, actually often it's even smaller. He only place I ever upload anything anywhere remotely bigger than that it's here, but it's often not with important images. Also certainly they are all watermarked...

multiplex

stone

i only upload small res files, nothing large .. ( way smaller than yours ! )
    and yes, i know if someone wants to steal work it isn't hard ...
    (i have watermarked my work off and on, i find it to be useless ...they're obtrusive and it isn't hard to remove watermarks ... )

the orphaned image situation makes it easier for someone claims the work as their own for use ...

my situation was a little different, which i won't go into here ...
    to answer your question, yes, they made money off of them, and they
    published them, lied their #@&# off / covered their tracks well,
    and left me holding the bag ...

im not as pissed as i was then, but its better to be safe than sorry ...

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    stone

i only upload small res files, nothing large .. ( way smaller than yours ! )
    and yes, i know if someone wants to steal work it isn't hard ...
    (i have watermarked my work off and on, i find it to be useless ...they're obtrusive and it isn't hard to remove watermarks ... )

the orphaned image situation makes it easier for someone claims the work as their own for use ...

my situation was a little different, which i won't go into here ...
    to answer your question, yes, they made money off of them, and they
    published them, lied their #@&# off / covered their tracks well,
    and left me holding the bag ...

im not as pissed as i was then, but its better to be safe than sorry ...
    Why you got a hold on your negs man

Sorry though, that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Are you truly that concerned though? I mean, have you gone through some kind of issue where you discovered your images being used somewhere?
    StoneNYC: I am not sure I understand why it it should matter much if there has already been some problem.

I am merely narrowing the exposure of my images. I know that I cannot have absolute control ocver everything that has already been posted.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    StoneNYC: I am not sure I understand why it it should matter much if there has already been some problem.

I am merely narrowing the exposure of my images. I know that I cannot have absolute control ocver everything that has already been posted.
    I guess I was only asking because you seem overly concerned. However at the time I was also thinking that this was a membership site and that you couldn't see the images if you weren't a member however I just realized that that's not true so I guess I can see some concern from Google searches. In my experience though having some exposure was actually a good thing it has gotten me a bunch of jobs and commissions from work that people saw on the Internet that had never heard of me before. Though I'm less concerned about stock work that I am about physical print so your situation may be different.

I do wish you the best of course.

StoneNYC:

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I'm right with you.

I do have images on my professional website, quietlightphoto.com and on a marketing website, artsyhome.com. soon I will be changing the images there to be lower resolution and with a waqtermark.

I have removed my images from several other websites such as artslant Pixtus, Flicker and photo.net. My goal is to reload only images that I wouldn't mind having "out there" . . .not very many.

y concern is that I will have a large number of images on many sites some of wich later fold leaving some of my really good things as "orphaned" and in the public domain. Don't want something I could sell turning up on a royalty-free archive.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com