Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wisner Price Increase - How Much?

Wisner Price Increase - How Much?

Ebony makes fine cameras with dedicated and devoted clients that are passionate about their products, but at what price? Only the wealthy can afford them. I say that there will always be better deals in the used market if you do your homework.

I acquired my 11x14 Wisner Tech Field for $1,500 less than new in the used market and it looked like it came directly from the factory. My F&S 12x20 was very reasonably priced even after new bellows and a week or two at a New England spa.

But lets not forget that we are not talking about high tech here. A device that holds a lens and a film holder in a variable position that locks down and folds into a compact form. Given the prices that camera makers are getting for ULF cameras, with a modest continuation of this demand curve I say that we should see some new more reasonably priced alternatives in the market shortly.

Don't panic - innovate!

It's an interesting time. Good for the enterprising enterpreneur to start a new ULF camera company. The only problem is that the initial enthusiasum with attendant low prices is sure to be replaced with the bottom line/reality soon enough as it is such a limited market. I would think that if there is a chance to make $1500.00 profit off the camera rather than $500.00, just to stay in business the price would have to go up.

Emile, just tried to loggon to your site, but in order to do so I have to send and receive a data packet to 'Go Daddy Software Inc' which, according to my spyware app., is a registered spyware host. Is this intentional?

Julian, I need to look into that. Thanks for the info. Emile