Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hard Tripod Case

Re: Hard Tripod Case

The J600 comes with a padded bag with a fabric slot for each leg piece. Ries says, …."fits into a custom designed cordura bag that will work perfectly with your backpack." What protection do you need that this bag and the rigidity of six leg pieces will not address? I understand that you are entitled to anything you want to buy. I am just trying to understand what it is you need that is not already included in what came with the product?

John

I don't think you can bring the J600 as a carry-on on a plane, so it will need to be checked. Have you ever seen the way those baggage guys handle putting luggage onto a plane? It doesn't instill the greatest confidence that my equipment won't be damaged. For this reason, I'd prefer some kind of hard case to the soft one that came with the tripod. The soft case is fine if you're just walking around and need something in which to carry the tripod.

Quote Originally Posted by nimo956 View Post
    I don't think you can bring the J600 as a carry-on on a plane, so it will need to be checked. Have you ever seen the way those baggage guys handle putting luggage onto a plane? It doesn't instill the greatest confidence that my equipment won't be damaged. For this reason, I'd prefer some kind of hard case to the soft one that came with the tripod. The soft case is fine if you're just walking around and need something in which to carry the tripod.
    In that case I would be reluctant to try the PVC home built. I use the smaller 1 ½" size pipe to build a frame for a 24' boat winter cover. It survived the first winter but was quite fragile taking apart in the spring. A four foot drop broke several pieces. Now that I hand the parts down to a waiting set of hands on the ground the parts have lasted twenty years. They are good for weight support, but fragile on impact.

John

An 8"ceme-tube with end caps can be had for about $30

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    An 8"ceme-tube with end caps can be had for about $30
    8 inch or 8 foot?

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTerry View Post
    8 inch or 8 foot?
    8" diameter