Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lens Values

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: Lens Values

Annie, the primary cause of tear stains when selling old camera gear is the memory of the original purchase price and the memory of what it was once worth. A more detached, academic, and Alzheimer'ish approach helps. It is sad, but remember... that 180 (and the others), no matter how nice and useful it still is, is of interest by a very small proportion of the population and that population knows how old it is. But there are plenty of folks who price gear at exorbitant values on ebay and actually sell them so if that is an approach you want to try you may have very little to loose except a bit of your time.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    you may have very little to loose except a bit of your time.
    That & a chunk of my sweet 'minty' mortal soul!! Fair is fair...

Jim Galli's suggested prices might be a touch more than I'd pay but they are realistic and achievable.

Ian

A.K.A Lucky Bloke ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by steven tribe View Post
    only reliable sources are sold items list in ebay and the soft focus sales list at ccharrison's website. I am sure you will find most of these there. Don't be influenced by the listers who have "sucker" prices for items. There are an increasing number of listers who "try it on" with fantasy prices which they repeat month after month and year after year.
    ditto!!!

Annie, I jumped on here a bit late maybe, but I think you deserve some other clues to sell well ....if I'm still in time.
    Make good photos of the objects: to let see the quality of surfaces, and even to put in evidence the defects, if any.
    This for two reasons: 1. you will appear (more than a very nice person like you appear here) also reliable;
    2. for the rules of auction sites, the only way to give back an object is an "incomplete" description. So if the lens is seen from various angles and well described, nobody could claim a trick from you.

I bought lots of lenses and gear on line, and never been disappointed, but also I jump away those with images that never show some zones of the lens.
    Unfortunately you don't look to have glass I'm looking for...
    Good luck
    Last edited by massimodec; 5-Nov-2013 at 09:52. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by massimodec View Post
    Unfortunately you don't look to have glass I'm looking for...
    Yes I do.... you just don't realize it !!

Thanks for the clues !!

Ah Ah Ah ! It was my pleasure! If this was the Zuckerberg place I should put a "like" !

I live in Italy, and I see sales too late, when all games have been done already
    I missed everything ... a Taylor Hobson Cooke f3.5 soft focus, and other similar stuff.
    I'm too poor now, but my desire is a Heliar with the fuzzulator 300mm.... but now they are "trying" to sell for too much,
    and I'm not sure if I desire or not a Kodak portrait lens (I have a good Imagon, I think is the same attitude...)

I quoted all I would like just in case you are plenty of...