Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: November 2013 portraits

Re: November 2013 portraits

Quote Originally Posted by BennehBoy View Post
    Epson V700
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Graves View Post
    My best November portrait so far ... a B&L 8x10 Petzval test shot f-5 ... 1/15th sec ... my subjects never showed up ... I might turn this into a series ... Arista Edu Ultra 100 souped in HC 110 E at 64 degrees for 20 minutes:

I'm actually really quite fond of this picture of the chairs waiting for their people.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick13 View Post
    I'm actually really quite fond of this picture of the chairs waiting for their people.
    I agree, the tones are beautiful and the ambiance if it all sets a welcoming tone

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Bocchi View Post
    This one are the smaller ones. The type 100. The one that fits in the medium format camera like Mamiya RB and RZ and all the Polaroid type 100, 200, 300 and 400. This format is quite cheap and still available withut any problem.

The Toyo 45 AII L where the L means Linhof lens board is ready to accept the standard Linhof lensboard withot any kind of other adapter. This is the only difference.
    Oh, ok thanks, man, I kind of wish mine was a Linhof version, the Linhof boards are so much smaller they would fit better in my case...

Really wish I could get my hands on some of the 4 x 5 black and white Polaroid stuff, I have the smaller stuff in both color and black-and-white, and I was able to get my hands on/afford, two boxes of the color 4 x 5, but when I found the black and white stuff I had no money, and now it's filled out and the only place that was still available that I could find...

I know it doesn't matter for checking purposes, but I kind of like the idea of shooting black-and-white 4 x 5 Polaroids, The smaller ones just don't have enough detail, and just aren't big enough for my tastes.

Sinar P8x10, Voigtlander Euryscop lV No.4 f6 wide open, expired Polaroid 809.

Last edited by bracan; 15-Nov-2013 at 00:36. Reason: Wrong resolution

Quote Originally Posted by bracan View Post

Absolutely love that second one, wow the Polaroid colors are so beautiful... Wish I could even get my hands on one pack in 4x5 to shoot...

How do you guys have so much Polaroid stock? It seems like all the LF guys have an endless supply...

Wow! The composition of both images is really striking and I think the focus is bang on in the second image! I've not seen any 10x8 Polaroids before and I'm not really familiar with the different types. Did you scan these yourself? they look amazing on my 27" iMac. I think the colour of this Polaroid formulation really suit these portraits.

Aaargh it's so frustrating - I wish I could put together an erudite, carefully considered reply. I always struggle to comment on what I'm seeing, it doesn't matter if it's a major piece in a gallery or posted in a forum. Everything I think of saying sounds lame and washed out compared to what I see in front of me so I resort to comments like "it just WORKS".

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    How do you guys have so much Polaroid stock? It seems like all the LF guys have an endless supply...
    I agree! I've got 40 sheets of Quickload Velvia 50 coming from Jim Becia but seeing these I want to try some different types.

S

Simply stunning.

Excellent work! I especially love the second one. Beautiful image.

Lovely, excellent, Bracan.