Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I taught Michelle X-Ray, she taught me.

joseph

Re: I taught Michelle X-Ray, she taught me.

I enjoyed that too. Seems if you put your head above the parapet, there will always be some sniper willing to shoot it off.
    That's the risk you take on the internet, I suppose.

Everyone has got one, but looks like you've got two ...

Pretty nice darkroom you have there Randy!!!

Thanks for the post, Randy. I always enjoy reading about what you are doing.

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

Thanks for the post, very cool, nice darkroom btw. oh yeah picture no. 2 are those the "large format cartriges" she is talking about underneath the enlarger? i love the way non-LFers explain things lol
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

Guilherme Maranhão coisasdavida's Avatar

Thanks for the post! Great afternoon, that's what photography is all about!

Good stuff, Randy!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Wow. That anon PM response you got is just plain weird.

Looks like you, your neighbor and her pooch had a wonderful time. That's what its all about, isn't it?

And I liked the portraits, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ImSoNegative View Post
    Thanks for the post, very cool, nice darkroom btw. oh yeah picture no. 2 are those the "large format cartriges" she is talking about underneath the enlarger? i love the way non-LFers explain things lol
    I agree it's fun to hear how others describe the equipment, and if you grew up in the video game era, the LF holders do kind if look like game "cartridges" haha

As far as the Anon, looks very much like "Taija" type writing or whatever his name is haha, he's kind of intense.

I would agree that I'm surprised you exposed the films so poorly considering how much equipment you seem to have, however I wouldn't be able to calculate bellows that long hah! (I'm a 4x5 only LF photographer...so far). Do you actually know where the mistake was made in exposure?

The Anon message does have a good point about the importance of showing those who are new to film, good results, so they keep them in their periphery as an option, instead of bad results, turning them off from the medium, however I don't think he said this in any useful way.

PS I'll take any 5x7/8x10/cameras/lenses/etc you just don't need it could be so helpful to you to have more space to work in

Looks like a good way to spend an afternoon.

It's amazing the hater attributed all of Michelle's dialog to you. Clearly it was her impressions of the process as she observed it.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    The Anon message does have a good point about the importance of showing those who are new to film, good results, so they keep them in their periphery as an option, instead of bad results, turning them off from the medium, however I don't think he said this in any useful way.
    OK, where to start...

First of all do you think that anyone can really say they have never made a picture that didn't work out or that they weren't happy with? Seriously, you want us to believe that every time you walk into the darkroom perfection comes out the other side? It's all part of the process and sometimes it's not perfect. I know for a fact if you gave me a pile of 8x10 X-ray film I'd make out a lot worse than Randy did.

Second, you think really think that person walked out of there in disappointment? What about her post makes you think that? It looks like she had an awesome time. Maybe some people on this forum have been at this for far too long to remember that what happens in a darkroom is basically MAGIC the likes of which is rarely seen today. Get rid of the bitterness and judgment and try to remember what it was like the first time you put paper into a developing tray and an image appeared. The best thing about her post was that it's a reminder that making pictures is FUN... and AWESOME...