Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I taught Michelle X-Ray, she taught me.

Re: I taught Michelle X-Ray, she taught me.

you can never go wrong with 2 photographers in a darkroom, even all you produce is an empty bottle of wine!

what a great neighbor to have - someone who you can share darkroom time with, and writes an interesting blog!

jvo

As with any community we have our share of a-holes as well. I commend your efforts to promote film photography and share "all" the experiences. I would be willing to bet your anon buddy has never posted a pic here or anywhere else for that matter. If they have I would love to be directed to it so I could bask in their brilliance.
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post
    OK, where to start...

First of all do you think that anyone can really say they have never made a picture that didn't work out or that they weren't happy with? Seriously, you want us to believe that every time you walk into the darkroom perfection comes out the other side? It's all part of the process and sometimes it's not perfect. I know for a fact if you gave me a pile of 8x10 X-ray film I'd make out a lot worse than Randy did.

Second, you think really think that person walked out of there in disappointment? What about her post makes you think that? It looks like she had an awesome time. Maybe some people on this forum have been at this for far too long to remember that what happens in a darkroom is basically MAGIC the likes of which is rarely seen today. Get rid of the bitterness and judgment and try to remember what it was like the first time you put paper into a developing tray and an image appeared. The best thing about her post was that it's a reminder that making pictures is FUN... and AWESOME...
    Breathe,

I think you misunderstand the tone of my writing, I was only saying (calmly) my thoughts, and any practiced photographer (in my opinion) should be able to expose any image properly. And maybe sometimes one comes out with poor contrast or something, but not multiple photos ...

Anyway that's my opinion, everyone messes up, it happens, just wish it was more "successful"

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    As with any community we have our share of a-holes as well. I commend your efforts to promote film photography and share "all" the experiences. I would be willing to bet your anon buddy has never posted a pic here or anywhere else for that matter. If they have I would love to be directed to it so I could bask in their brilliance.
    +1 Teach us anon...teach us
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Well, he obviously thinks I need to argue with him. More PM nonsense.
    Precisely why I closed my PM's here, though the personal intrusion from a prolifically well known member, who simply always has to be right and have the last word, was by any reckoning far less egregious. In my estimation, with few exceptions, nothing can be said privately that cannot also be posted in full view. While I have referred to this incident obliquely and often here on LFPF, I was the recipient of a much more outrageous attack earlier in the millennium when I first joined APUG. It was unknown to me at that time that this wretch, presumably a failed painter and hacker, had been trolling photography forums exclaiming that photography could not, nor ever be, art, and that no one practicing such a banal form could ever consider themselves to be an artist. The attacks came annonymously directly to my personal email. The threatening, profanity laced, style so disturbed me that I closed my account, and only reopened under a different name in 2005, eventually accepting that one has to either stand up to these internet–come–lately bullies or ignore them. Not contributing where I personally felt I could make a difference seemed simply to be a cowardly response. And don't even get me started on YouTube comments. Unfortunately for the (few) appreciative, I'll never post another video allowing them. No good deed ever goes unpunished.

It's amazing the lengths these people will go to make the world miserable while hiding behind the cloak of free speech.

(Shrek)

Sounds like a fun afternoon. Reminds me of the time when I was a teenager, I managed to get a girl I had a crush on to stay late after school and come with me into the school darkroom for a printing session. Once there, I.... printed a bunch of negs. I wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody_S View Post
    Sounds like a fun afternoon. Reminds me of the time when I was a teenager, I managed to get a girl I had a crush on to stay late after school and come with me into the school darkroom for a printing session. Once there, I.... printed a bunch of negs. I wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, I guess.
    Did it work?? Are you guys married now?

(Shrek)

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Did it work?? Are you guys married now?
    No. But I do still have a few photos of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody_S View Post
    No. But I do still have a few photos of her.
    You should post some

Wait this was in highschool it college? Well, if they are interesting it would be really fun to see your "early work"