Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a rumor of newer Epson 3880?

Re: Is there a rumor of newer Epson 3880?

So did I about an hour ago. Don't trust what rebate is next, and don't wanna wait forever....

epson site just dropped price to $1095 this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by imgary View Post
    epson site just dropped price to $1095 this morning.
    Yes, but that's after $200 rebate price. My price was $949 after rebate. Not bad.

That was before the rebate bring it down to 895. However later in the day it was gone so don't know what that was about and if our not that price will show up again?

That was before the rebate bring it down to 895. However later in the day it was gone so don't know what that was about and if our not that price will show up again?

Just for a couple of hours? Weird...Maybe it was an error.

Well I had placed my order about 4 or 5 hours earlier with Itsupplies, so I did not attempt to buy it. But many hours later, it was gone and still is gone this am. Mine was 929. Hope we both are happy as clams in a clean ocean with our individual units.

Well I had placed my order about 4 or 5 hours earlier with Itsupplies, so I did not attempt to buy it. But many hours later, it was gone and still is gone this am. Mine was 929. Hope we both are happy as clams in a clean ocean with our individual units.
    Well, it's freaking heavy to return now...I'm gonna call epson and yell at them......not...LOL

I purchased my 3880 on 12/9/2012. It works very well and has been clog-free.

However, in the first year it has been replaced under warranty twice (error 150C).

As a precaution, a month prior to its anniversary I purchased the 2 year warranty extension. Today I had my third failure (error 1127) and so Epson is sending a fourth unit.

Therefore, if you have a new 3880, I recommend getting the 2 year warranty extension (available anytime within the first year after purchase), thereby having 3 years of warranty coverage.

I should say, Epson's warranty support is excellent, with replacements sent next-day air. I just wish the printer was not so evidently prone to failure.

Quote Originally Posted by dandill View Post
    I purchased my 3880 on 12/9/2012. It works very well and has been clog-free.

However, in the first year it has been replaced under warranty twice (error 150C).

As a precaution, a month prior to its anniversary I purchased the 2 year warranty extension. Today I had my third failure (error 1127) and so Epson is sending a fourth unit.

Therefore, if you have a new 3880, I recommend getting the 2 year warranty extension (available anytime within the first year after purchase), thereby having 3 years of warranty coverage.

I should say, Epson's warranty support is excellent, with replacements sent next-day air. I just wish the printer was not so evidently prone to failure.
    How much do you print?

I been shopping - for new iteration of R3000, Pro-1, or 3880. The dealers I did speak with expect at least 2 more years for the 3880, and not likely at all for any new pro printers this year. Maybe in Spring 2014, maybe. And so far Epson does not look like offering the previous $250 or $300 rebates on the 3880, just the $200. Yes we all wish...
    Ditto!

I wouldn't have anything other than a 3880; CMYK is just fine. I'm a sporadic user, so with other printers, I'd have to deal with clogging issues. I never want to go through that again, not like with the 4000. But, not so with the 3880.

One thing I miss on the 3880 is the vacuum transport that keeps the paper adhering to the platen. (The 4000 had this.) I have to be careful about rolling the edges of the paper down prior to printing, so that the edges don't strafe the bottom of the print head. Sometimes I can hear the head nick the edges in the initial stages of printing. Kind of scary.