Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Old G.Rodenstock Camera

Re: Old G.Rodenstock Camera

Not even my (and anotherone) Eurynar shows this effects - another photographer told me about the collection of his Eurynars with different focal lengths, showing the same unique phenomenia.
    It's a thing between missing a coating in a bright light, and soft focus behaviour.
    The surfaces are as clean as possible.
    I try to scan a print next days, which will show what I usually get on my groundglass.

In printing harder, let's say gradation 3,5, the effect dissolves, and the print looks more sharp - but the GG stays milky, wide open or closed.

Ritchie

Mine arrived yesterday. The shutter seems to be a Compur #2, working nicely on all speeds. The outer diameter of the lens is 53mm. The lens elements cleaned up great, and I have 14 fitting holders.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30nk70j.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	154810

Here I can give an impression of the last results ( not finished, I'm still working on)with my 135mm Eurynar, printed straight, no filters:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01975.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	154811

This nearly mirrors the vision on my groundglass.

Printing hard, then it looks more like a "normal" lens.
    But, no reason to print hard :-)

Ritchie

I have to say, this 9x12 camera inc. Eurynar came from a female photographer.
    She bought this camera 1957, during her study time, but never used the camera since the early sixties - she preferred to retouch negatives instead of photographing as her business.
    Camera plus lens look very clear, and I gave an extra clearing to the lens.

Ritchie, I see what you mean by "milky".

I don't see that on the groundglass with either the 4,5/135 or 3,5/150 Eurynar I have. I also have the Goerz Dogmar 6,3/135 that has the same dialyte construction, and the negs are very sharp and have no problems with contrast. I've used it both in cloudy and sunny conditions. I will report back when I have tried my Eurynars.