Just a quick drive-by assessment, since I spent the last wk up in the Kings Can high country picking up details of crags and ponds and had to
rush past the usual locations. The drought this year certainly hasn't put a damper on foliage color, but does seem to have moved the change up
at least a couple weeks. Willows and dwarf aspen have pretty well turned already above 9-10000 ft. McGee Can is absolutely nuts with color
already, though it's about a 1 or 2 mile hike in to get an unimpeded vantage point. Without checking, I suspect Rock Cr up above Tom's Place
has already turned. The slopes high above June Lks and Bloody Can have turned. If you want the more stereotypical aspen stands around
Lundy Can, Conway Summit, or June Lk, I'd wait a couple more weeks. Sonora and Monitor Passes are just beginning to see aspen change.
The latter is exceptionally dry-looking otherwise. Dogwood at mid-elevations on the Western slope are just beginning to show signs of change,
but it looks like a good year for them too. I didn't take any deliberate fall color shots this trip, so left all the shots for the rest of you! The
air is largely cleared up too, so East Side addicts have fun!