Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Speed Graphics and aero lenses

Re: Question about Speed Graphics and aero lenses

I use a Pacemaker speed and a Jolo board
    with my aero Ektar set up.
    Have swapped spring back for graflok so I can use grafmatics and polaback.
    You can have a play with it if we ever meet!
    C
    Clive
    www.clive-evans.com
    West Cork-Ireland, Antibes-France

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Graflex Inc's (and predecessors', too) naming conventions confuse everyone.
    Yeah, you can say that again !

Quote Originally Posted by dimento View Post
    thanks for all the responses, looks like a Pacemaker speed with graflok back so, here's a slightly different new question do the graflok back speeds have the same graflok back as the super, reason being I bought a cambo GG back and cambo viewer which fit the graflok back on the super and was wondering if this combo works on a graflok Speed
    They aren't quite the same, I know I couldn't use a Pacemaker Graflok focus frame on my Super Graphic as the sliders wouldn't allow it so I had to keep using my Cambo focus frame until I found a proper SG back. There is a fair chance the Cambo will fit (I sold mine so can't check).

Ian

I put an 8" Dallmeyer Pentac on my Anniversary Speed Graphic, so I know that can be done. The problem was adjusting the rangefinder to function with that long a focal length lens. I think that I had reached the limits of adjustability of the rangefinder. The 7" Kodak Aero Ektar might be a better choice for an Aero lens. Note that the 5x7 Speed Graphic didn't come with a rangefinder. I suspect the reason was that they couldn't get a rangefinder to work with a 210mm normal focal length 5x7 lens.

Aside: on that big auction site there is an aero ektar lens board for Pacemaker.
    Item number: 251335508117

thanks for all the help, have now acquired a nice pacemaker speed graphic, a pentac 2.9 and a Jo Lommen board is on the way, can anyone tell me how it's possible to use the cambo monocular reflex viewer with this set-up, I can use the viewer with my super graphic, via a cambo groundglass back, fitted to the graflok on the super,

will the cambo back fit the speed, or will the viewer need to be modified to fit directly to the speed back, any advice much appreciated, thanks, D

The viewer will have to be modified. This can be a very expensive machine job or a relatively simple DIY fix. I screwed clips (actually, some kind of wall hanging clip) onto the sides of mine so they will "snap" into the Graflok of a Pacemaker (where the metal folding hood snaps into). This mod is not permanent. There is some light that enters through the minor space between the viewer and the camera back, though. I imagine one could easily mate the frame of a metal folding hood to the viewer so that it attaches to the Graflok back without any light leaks.

SK Grimes gave me a quote of a few hundred for a professional adaptation.
    Peter Y.

Skip the reflex viewer. Calibrate the rangefinder, and use that and the viewfinder for focusing and composing.

I agree with Ed. The viewer is just a bulky accessory that I rarely take and/or use and it is very cumbersome in portrait orientation.
    Peter Y.

Thanks for all the replies, I will be using the viewer and am interested in finding the easiest way of using it with this setup, I don't find it bulky and actually want to use it with this setup, so, can anyone tell me or perhaps give me drawings for the cheapest/easiest modification of the cambo viewer with the speed graphic. thanks