Recently a couple of us have come across posts from the list copied to others weblogs and other sites. I know from discussions (my own posts don't happen to be in this example) that there are some who are unhappy and uncomforatble with this, but don't want to make a fuss.

One example in case is the weblog of LF list member Frank Petronio - example below:

http://www.frankpetronio.com/weblog/Pages/focus.html

Personally I have two problems with this

First, it is expressely against the List Rules :

"Terms and Conditions of Use Intellectual Property Rights By submitting materials to this site, you you are representing that are you are the owner, or are authorized by the owner to do so. As a consequence, all the material posted in this site is assumed copyrighted by their respective authors, and shouldn't be reproduced without permission and proper credit by any means, including framing. The site doesn't claim copyright to any material submitted by readers. However, by submitting materials to this site, you grant a revocable royalty-free licence to the maintainers of this site to publish that material on the largeformatphotography.info site. No other rights are granted, and this licence might be terminated at any time by written request of the owner. The site will not use your materials without proper attribution to you, nor will it edit them in a way that would misrepresent your intent."

No permission seems to have been sought for such use.

Secondly, I note Petronio lists on the portfolio part of his site that all images are copyright 2003 Frank Petronio. Well, he and others (especially those who are photographers) should be well aware that a persons written words are also copyright protected. It matters not if they are written in a public forum, newspaper article or letter - they have the same level of portection as his photogorpahs do. As such, he and others, if they wish to quote someones post wholesale, need to seek permission to do so.

This is additionally laid out as the case in the terms and conditions of use of this LF list