Thread: Any LF-ers in or near NYC?

Re: Any LF-ers in or near NYC?

It was a blast! Nice turnout.

"Bomzi" - thank you for organizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato Tonelli View Post
    It was a blast! Nice turnout.

"Bomzi" - thank you for organizing it.
    The turnout was surprising to say the least, thanks "Bomzi". Really great day in CP.

Don

It was a great day to be out shooting in Central Park. And it was great to meet fellow LF-ers! Hope to attend another meet up soon.

just saw this thread. I'm in if there's another outing.

Dan

Just FYI, a small group of us are going to Peter's Valley in northern NJ next Sat. Fall foliage should be near peak. Let me know if you're interested.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Don Ciccone View Post
    Just FYI, a small group of us are going to Peter's Valley in northern NJ next Sat. Fall foliage should be near peak. Let me know if you're interested.

Don
    We are planning to try Peter's Valley again this Saturday. We have room for a couple of photographers if you want to join us. Leaving from Manhattan.

Pete

I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Roody View Post
    We are planning to try Peter's Valley again this Saturday. We have room for a couple of photographers if you want to join us. Leaving from Manhattan.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Renato Tonelli View Post
    No - not as long as you don't block traffic (that includes pedestrian traffic on the sidewalk). You are more likely to get hassled by commercial concerns such as private buildings ( "This is private property" syndrome).
    You block traffic at almost every place in NYC haha

I've had trouble in Times Square and Grand Central Station with only a small tripod using a 35mm camera, never tried my LF camera...

Also, I technically live in CT, but travel often to NYC for work, so is another meetup eminent?

Sorry I missed this one.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    You block traffic at almost every place in NYC haha

I've had trouble in Times Square and Grand Central Station with only a small tripod using a 35mm camera, never tried my LF camera...

Also, I technically live in CT, but travel often to NYC for work, so is another meetup eminent?

Sorry I missed this one.
    A few of us try and shoot every Saturday (weather permitting). We don't usually shoot in Manhattan but as the weather gets colder I want to try some early morning shots there to avoid traffic issues. We can get around to just about anywhere. If you have any suggestions where you want to shoot that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Roody View Post
    A few of us try and shoot every Saturday (weather permitting). We don't usually shoot in Manhattan but as the weather gets colder I want to try some early morning shots there to avoid traffic issues. We can get around to just about anywhere. If you have any suggestions where you want to shoot that would be great.
    I still want to shoot grand central, I know it's cliche but someday I won't live here and I feel like it's stupid not to shoot it while I can... the classic window shot from the stairs.