Got a few questions for you fellers about going on the road with yer large format, questions about how ya manage yer film when ya don’t got access to a dark room.

A couple of time a year I head out fer a few days to a couple weeks on the road. I go to agricultural fairs (steam engines) or Cowboy Action matches. I’m usually busily involved in the activities but they are also excellent places fer a photographer. This is my first year with the 4x5 camera and my first trip away is at the end of the week, so I am not prepared to be an active photographer this trip, although I will load up all my 11 holders with B&W film and try to get some shots.

I would REALLY like, in the future, to be very active on the road. I know I will need a loading tent of some sort but I don’t know how you keep track of exposed films until you get back to the darkroom. Do you just shoot them all the same and keep the exposed B&W in one box and the colours in another box? T'ain't like shootin roll film whar ya jist stick the exposed rolls in yer bag 'n' ferget about 'em 'til ya get home.

I'd be interested in what "systems" you experienced folks have worked out.