Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fujinon C 450/12.5

Fujinon C 450/12.5

Does anyone have an idea what a fair price (don't say whatever the market will bear as this does not contribute anything to the discussion) for this lens in fair, good, and excellent grades?

Re: Fujinon C 450/12.5

Quote Originally Posted by LuisR View Post
    Does anyone have an idea what a fair price (don't say whatever the market will bear as this does not contribute anything to the discussion) for this lens in fair, good, and excellent grades?
    If you have one for sale I think fair price is ...., hum .... $450. Half its original price is quite fair :-)

PS: (edit), I want to buy one.

there's one on ebay right now with a starting bid of $1250.
    I wouldn't pay half that.

Drew Wiley

Ha ... good luck fishing around for a price like that ... More likely, you're going to pay MORE than what these cost new. They're unique, very practical, out of production, and are going to be something of a cult lens.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    there's one on ebay right now with a starting bid of $1250.
    I wouldn't pay half that.
    I asked because I am searching for this lens. I saw the posting on Ebay. Quite pricey but it appears to be in almost new condition. Given that its a rare lens half of that price does not strike me as entirely unreasonable. That is the first one I have seen on Ebay in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    Ha ... good luck fishing around for a price like that ... More likely, you're going to pay MORE than what these cost new. They're unique, very practical, out of production, and are going to be something of a cult lens.
    That is the last lens I need to round out my kit. Thankfully I was able to find a Fujinon A 240/9 Black Copal several months ago.

It would be hard to say. I haven't seen that many for sale on Ebay for comparison. You would have to look at ones that actually sold.

Generally they seem to sell for $500-900, from the ones I have tracked. It's rarely seen in anything other than great condition. Most people keep them pretty nice, I've not seen a beat up one.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    They're unique, very practical, out of production, and are going to be something of a cult lens.
    It's true, I agree.

Vinny, that lens is the first one in several months. Last bid for one of this (not sure if I've deleted any recent mail) was on 26 oct 2011 ($936 USD). So, I am sure there will be someone who pays that price.

LuisR, I think there cannot be discussion about fair price. There is no fair price for this kind of lens, just market price.

But If you have one for sale, PLEASE BE FAIR :-)

I agree with Drew. Unless our pursuits are defeated by the lack of light sensitive materials, this lens is special and is going to command a premium price for a long, long time. Lots of coverage, very sharp, small shutter, etc.