Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Last day for 2013 annual Ilford ULF film special orders: June 28th, 2013

Re: Last day for 2013 annual Ilford ULF film special orders: June 28th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Well just got my email... Sad...

Attachment 98139

I thought at least 1 type of 70mm would get enough orders... I know that's not LF but still part of the ULF order thing.
    I just got the same notice. I ordered two rolls of 70mm perf. I guess not enough of us crazy 70mm users to meet the minimum. Hopefully Simon will let us know how far below the threshold we were. Maybe next time!

Quote Originally Posted by bentleyR View Post
    I just got the same notice. I ordered two rolls of 70mm perf. I guess not enough of us crazy 70mm users to meet the minimum. Hopefully Simon will let us know how far below the threshold we were. Maybe next time!
    Yea, I started a thread about not getting my film and of course being APUG all the guys jumped on me thinking I was bashing Ilford haha, when really I was just lamenting...

A few notable comments were that many 70mm shooters hadn't realized that Ilford's ULF included the roll films since its not LF stuff. They suggested next year I start a special thread about it and also that we encourage Ilford to change the name to something like 2014 Ilford ULF and specialty roll format special order. So "tiny format" shooters know about it.

At least ill get my 46mm (127) film...

I guess I'm slow, but that 47mm roll film went right by me, I saw it and did not think. I still have more than enough 127 Ektachrome for my Baby Yashica, considering I seldom even think of shooting it. But my guy will process it.

Just what I need, another project...

What was the price on it?

Yea, I started a thread about not getting my film and of course being APUG all the guys jumped on me thinking I was bashing Ilford haha, when really I was just lamenting...

A few notable comments were that many 70mm shooters hadn't realized that Ilford's ULF included the roll films since its not LF stuff. They suggested next year I start a special thread about it and also that we encourage Ilford to change the name to something like 2014 Ilford ULF and specialty roll format special order. So "tiny format" shooters know about it.

At least ill get my 46mm (127) film...
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I guess I'm slow, but that 47mm roll film went right by me, I saw it and did not think. I still have more than enough 127 Ektachrome for my Baby Yashica, considering I seldom even think of shooting it. But my guy will process it.

Just what I need, another project...

What was the price on it?
    It's 46mm I think, not 47mm but I could be wrong, yea I agree they didn't call it 127 "long roll" or something on the sheet which was dumb, nor did they call the 70mm non-perf "OR 1116/616 long roll unbacked" or something.

The price was about $120 I think for 50 foot roll at freestyle which seemed the cheapest, next was MPEX at $10 more. Or it might have been $110 at freestyle and $120 at MPEX, I can't remember but about $120, which comes out to about 22 rolls I think if I remember the math I figured out before, so that's $5.45 a roll of 127, not bad at all...

Care to give up any of that ektachrome?

Now that my last rolls of efke are gone, and the last of it at freestyle seems to have efke-itis... I'm bummed I didn't order two rolls of the stuff, but last minute I switched and ordered a second roll of 70mm DP (Double Perf) thinking that I would be going through the 70mm faster.

Alas, such is life. Apparently they offered the 127 last year as well so hopefully next year they will have it again. Anyway, would love to trade for some ektachrome

Thanks for the info. I m keeping the Ektachrome, I also have a little no name 127 German viewfinder camera that is so tiny and works well, and as I say I have a E6 Lab 2 miles away.

I think both the dealers and Ilford really did not get the message out.

Perhaps we are to blame here, for being too secretive...

It's 46mm I think, not 47mm but I could be wrong, yea I agree they didn't call it 127 "long roll" or something on the sheet which was dumb, nor did they call the 70mm non-perf "OR 1116/616 long roll unbacked" or something.

The price was about $120 I think for 50 foot roll at freestyle which seemed the cheapest, next was MPEX at $10 more. Or it might have been $110 at freestyle and $120 at MPEX, I can't remember but about $120, which comes out to about 22 rolls I think if I remember the math I figured out before, so that's $5.45 a roll of 127, not bad at all...

Care to give up any of that ektachrome?

Now that my last rolls of efke are gone, and the last of it at freestyle seems to have efke-itis... I'm bummed I didn't order two rolls of the stuff, but last minute I switched and ordered a second roll of 70mm DP (Double Perf) thinking that I would be going through the 70mm faster.

Alas, such is life. Apparently they offered the 127 last year as well so hopefully next year they will have it again. Anyway, would love to trade for some ektachrome
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Thanks for the info. I m keeping the Ektachrome, I also have a little no name 127 German viewfinder camera that is so tiny and works well, and as I say I have a E6 Lab 2 miles away.

I think both the dealers and Ilford really did not get the message out.

Perhaps we are to blame here, for being too secretive...
    I've got a yashika44 but its broken, I need a new one. Cheap! Haha

Having a nice tiny RF would be nice.

Just an out of place comment: I tried to order 11x14 film from MPEX but searching revealed nothing, no listing on their site. I sent a message and they said they'd add it. They never did so I ordered mine from a west coast company. Another point: Would it be better, from the consumers point, to separate the ULF order and run from those formats, say 8x10 and smaller, having two distinct events? After all Ilford / Harmon produces the entire range of products.

Just commenting, suggesting, and asking.

It would be better if all film sellers would make the format size font BIGGER so it stands out of the repetitious descriptions.

I just had a go round with an X-Ray film purchase where I selected the wrong size.

Luckily I called as their 'system' ended up with 4 orders, all incorrect.
    Tin Can