Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Whats everybody doing with Photoshop?

Re: Whats everybody doing with Photoshop?

Corel Photo Paint and/or Gimp - No more Photoshop for me.

Preston Birdwell

I have CS6 (on a DVD just in case I need to reinstall it) and plan to keep using it as long as it's compatible with my hardware and OS.

I use Photo Shop frequently, but not enough to justify a subscription at this point in time.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

I just got a flyer for a newer version of Picture Window Pro, the program I had been using before getting CS3. Those of you looking to jump the Adobe ship should look into it. My CS6 arrived about 2 weeks ago, and I will use it as long as possible.
    Peter Y.

Quote Originally Posted by David R Munson View Post
    I am amazed by how much people are still complaining about the move to Creative Cloud....
    I object strongly to being forced to move into cloud computing of any sort. Doing so forces me to put a lot more faith into the security protocols and implementations of others than I care to. Security aside, putting the executable onto the cloud is one step away from forcing you to use cloud storage. I prefer to NOT let others take control of my documents, images, personally identifiable information (except as required) and so forth. Call me paranoid if you will. I probably am. But being paranoid won't keep people from stealing from me. I just spent six weeks clearing up some credit card fraud that resulted from a third-party bank card processing service leaking information. If the banks are that vulnerable, how are the cloud service providers supposed to convince me that they're not?
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!