Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need 4x10 film holders for Wisner TF

Need 4x10 film holders for Wisner TF

Brian,

You're welcome. Keep me posted on your progress. Us 4x10 guys need to stick together. I'm actually planning to eventually write an article (most likely a two parter) on the 4x10 format for View Camera. As you can see, just covering the different holder options could fill up a couple pages.

As far as film goes, I've always cut my own from 8x10. In addition to the Berger, last time I checked Ilford still had some 4x10 film listed in their catalog. It was special roder, but at the time I don't believe there was any minimum quantity requirements. Photo Warehouse will also cut their black and white film to any size you desire. Reasonably priced, too (last I checked). I shoot color, so I just slice Velvia and E100VS 8x10 in half.

I'm sure Ron Winer would make you a 4x5 reducing back for your 4x10 - in fact there was a 4x10 Wisner for sale on eBay a while back that included a 4x10 to 4x5 reducing back. When I had my Wisner, I bought it as a 4x5 Tech Field with a 4x10 conversion kit. This meant I was hauling around two rear standards, two bellows, etc.

Kerry

Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar

Kerry,

I look forward to reading your article!

-Brian
    Brian Vuillemenot

Photographer

I had Keith Canham convert my Wisner 4x10 back to use the film holders he manufactures. This was after a long, long wait and many promises from Ron Wisner. The price was quite reasonable for the conversion. The price of the film holders is pretty high, but they are unique and well made. He was very prompt in getting the back and film holders back to me. Give him a call to get current prices, etc.
    Keith Pitman

Just got in from the road so a bit late but... I use a 4x10 Wisner Tech that I had Keith Canham modify for his holders, no problem what so ever. Took about a week maximum turn around time and very reasonable in cost. William Blunt

Re: Need 4x10 film holders for Wisner TF

Where can someone now buy 4x10 cut film holders?

I have a new never use Fotoman 4x10 and want to use it.

Smile Re: Need 4x10 film holders for Wisner TF

Kerry will Photo Warehouse still cut to 4x10? Where can I buy 4x10 film holders at a reasonable price (new or used)?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry L. Thalmann View Post
    Brian,

As far as film goes, I've always cut my own from 8x10. In addition to the Berger, last time I checked Ilford still had some 4x10 film listed in their catalog. It was special roder, but at the time I don't believe there was any minimum quantity requirements. Photo Warehouse will also cut their black and white film to any size you desire. Reasonably priced, too (last I checked). I shoot color, so I just slice Velvia and E100VS 8x10 in half.

I'm sure Ron Winer would make you a 4x5 reducing back for your 4x10 - in fact there was a 4x10 Wisner for sale on eBay a while back that included a 4x10 to 4x5 reducing back. When I had my Wisner, I bought it as a 4x5 Tech Field with a 4x10 conversion kit. This meant I was hauling around two rear standards, two bellows, etc.

Kerry

Re: Need 4x10 film holders for Wisner TF

Check with Midwest Photo Exchange or Badger Graphic to see whether they can still supply new Fotoman or Canham 4x10 holders.

Photo Warehouse isn't cutting sheet film to order any more. However, the annual Ilford special order period for odd sheet film sizes is now open, and they are including 4x10. See details here:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...roduction.html