I have Wordpress installed under my own domain. Dead easy - the only hard part was choosing/modifying the graphic theme.

Dan is right about the work: if you want a conventional blog you need to keep it current, chatty and up-to-date (even if it's about 150 year old lenses). My blog isn't like that. It's more of an essay collection with a *very* spotty publication schedule. Using blogging software still makes sense though because it automates a lot of the tedious admin, and the search engines (for now) crawl all over blogs in ways that they don't for static pages of text and images. I get a lot of traffic to single blog posts drawn by the image titles and captions.

Integrating a Wordpress blog with your regular site is as easy as adding a few links - there are standard ways of doing this in most Wordpress themes. If you use Wordpress' servers, which is easier, you will need to make sure that things like hotlink protection on your main web server is set correctly if you want to inline images from your site. Not a biggie.