Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Light/Flash meter

Re: Light/Flash meter

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    14 months ago.

- Leigh
    Thanks.

Someone retracted his bid on a meter I lost on eBay. The seller is still waiting to hear from the winner. If the winner doesn't come through I'll buy that one. If not, I'll go the KEH route. I can't wait any longer. Went out shooting yesterday but it was so frustrating to do so without a spot meter.

Thanks.
    --Mario

Unfreaking-believable!! I lost once again. This time I decided I was going to go all out in order to win the meter, so I bid $300 for it. The meter was sold for $330. Suddenly, that "deal" at KEH for $300+ doesn't sound that bad.

How frustrating.

--Mario

If you place a bid on the bay more than 5 seconds before the auction ends, you're throwing your money away.

I prefer to snipe at 2 seconds. Won over 2,000 auctions, and never lost one.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    If you place a bid on the bay more than 5 seconds before the auction ends, you're throwing your money away.

I prefer to snipe at 2 seconds. Won over 2,000 auctions, and never lost one.

- Leigh
    I'm through, Leigh. I'm buying from a regular store/person. No more auction sites.

I used snipe once or twice. That's a paid service, right? I didn't pay when I used it.
    --Mario

If you want through the lens meter, then Horseman 45 meter for average reading but cannot handle strobe, Sinar booster together with Minolta IV meter for spot reading including strobe and Sinar Expolux for spot/zone reading ...

Horseman 45 meter
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sinar P2-23.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	100837

Sinar booster

Name:	Sinar P2-24.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	100838

Sinar Expolux

Name:	Sinar P2-72.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	100839

I have been very happy with my (now OLD) Minolta Autometer IV F. There is a 9 deg spot attachment for it and it hasen't let me down since I bought it new in the early 19910s. It now hase a companion Booster-1 Probe that plugs into it and allows focal plane spott etering. this meter is the only piece of my current shooting kit that was bought new at retail.

Shopped around for a sew meter from time-to-time, but they all seem to have a bewildering pile of complex options, and are bulkier and heavier—and cost enough o buy film for a year. Afterall, It's not about the grar, LF is about the images we make.

So, I still have my old Minolta—but Mario, go for it. Buy a new meter and learn how to make it do what you want.

Thats right . . .NEW. This is an instrument that you will use to make critical decisions about photography for years to come. Sure there are deals to be had out there, but with all the anxiety, uncertanty and potential drama I ask, "Is the juice really worth the squeeze?"
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!