Thanks all!

To be clear, I am definitely planning on using the BTZS tubes for development and I am very interested in BTZS for exposure metering, etc. I have purchased the BTZS book by Phil Davies and am working my way though it in a non-linear way.

The only reason why I mentioned BTZS is the 2 ounce (60 ml) capacity of the BTZS caps which hold the developer. I know that some highly diluted developer solutions such as Rodinal 1:100 might become exhausted because there isn't enough active developer.

Although I liked XTOL, I do prefer the convenience of a liquid developer. I may give DD-X another shot. It's also readily available where I live.

As for film recommendations... As I mentioned, I really like Acros, especially for its reciprocity characteristics, but I question Fuji's commitment to film. I feel slightly more confident in Kodak film, since there recent sell-off. Ultimately I feel like I should support Ilford because they are the most committed to continuing film.

I realize nobody can predict the future. I should probably just shoot the film I enjoy and not worry about it.