Hello,

There is a Chinese company that advertizes custom made bellows for various LF cameras (see auction site) and have inquired about a custom made bellows for a Cambo 8x10 Legend.

I have put together two Cambo Legend 8x10's, so I have one set up with 8x10 standards, front and back, and another one, a 4x5, using the front standards from the 8x10, as front and rear standards on the 4x5. Unfortunately, the Cambo 8x10, as most 8x10, has a tapered bellows. Right now, the bellows are joined at the smaller tapered ends. I want to set up the camera with one bellows, one size from front to back, 11 in sq and 48inches long. I do a lot of macro imaging. I have a 8in sq Packard that will be mounted on the back of the front lens board, thus allowing me an unrestricted access to old barrel lenses.

The problem is that the bellows maker in Hong Kong does not have bellows frames for the bellows. That's my problem....

Where do I find 2 bellows frames so I can mount the bellows to the Cambo standards.

One solution, albeit a bit costly, would be to buy two reducing backs, 8x10 > 4x5, remove and sell the 4x5 backs, and cut out the rest of the 8x10 panel to the exactly dimensions of the existing frames on the 8x10 tapered bellows that I have already.

Are there there other viable solutions, can bellows frames be bought somewhere? Is there a bellows maker elsewhere who also makes the frames and attaches/glues the bellows to the frame??

Where do people find the frames when they buy frameless bellows? Does anybody have a set of wasted bellows but the frame could be recycled?

Cheers!

Any and all ideas are welcome.