Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fusion 4000 tissue color?

Re: Fusion 4000 tissue color?

Just some info, many gum and gum-over printers use this to adhere their watercolor paper to aluminum for better registration with subsequent negatives. After it's removed from the aluminum, they bond the paper to another piece of watercolor paper.

Drymount Film goes on cold then is put in hot pressClick image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000335.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	93680
    Sal this is different from photo fusion as you need to apply cold first then heat
    Sal it is transparent and a pain to work with but definately no biege colour,You would not see it under your Azo prints. we are making some mounts today with the stuff. Not your average mounting tissue.
    As you can see you need a cold laminator and a hot press to work with the Drymount film .

Photo Fusion which is reversable is only applied hot and it is transparent and flimsy.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000337-1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	93683

The second Jpeg is a fibre base print being cold mounted.

Pictures are worth 1000 words.

Thanks!
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Drymount Film goes on cold then is put in hot press...this is different from photo fusion as you need to apply cold first then heat...it is transparent and a pain to work with but definately no biege colour,You would not see it under your Azo prints. we are making some mounts today with the stuff. Not your average mounting tissue.
    As you can see you need a cold laminator and a hot press to work with the Drymount film .

Photo Fusion which is reversable is only applied hot and it is transparent and flimsy....The second Jpeg is a fibre base print being cold mounted.
    Hi Bob,

Thanks very much for that post. I'm a little confused about which product(s) you're referring to in it. Bienfang, the manufacturer of Fusion 4000, makes no mention of cold lamination in its instructions:

Tacking to the print using a tacking iron, then placing the sandwich in a hot press with release paper, just like other dry mount tissues, is all that's described. Is your description of Bienfang Fusion 4000 or another product called Drymount film? Or are you describing both in different paragraphs?

Thanks again!

Sal

I am describing two different materials

We use both, the first one that is cold mounted first and then hot pressed is the Drymount film and is more aggressive and the image cannot come off.( This one is difficult as it has more steps for screwup and putting fibre prints through a cold press first is surprising to me as fibre prints are very wobbly.

The second Fusion 4000 is hot mounted, very fragile and reversable.
    sorry for the confusion as I make the prints, my in house framers do the finishing and I should be more clearer in describing both processes.

Both work, I suspect you would go after the Fusion 4000 material. Warning - you will need to experiment first with old prints to find out how the process works in your space.

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Hi Bob,

Thanks very much for that post. I'm a little confused about which product(s) you're referring to in it. Bienfang, the manufacturer of Fusion 4000, makes no mention of cold lamination in its instructions:

Tacking to the print using a tacking iron, then placing the sandwich in a hot press with release paper, just like other dry mount tissues, is all that's described. Is your description of Bienfang Fusion 4000 or another product called Drymount film? Or are you describing both in different paragraphs?

Thanks again!

...I am describing two different materials...the first one that is cold mounted first and then hot pressed is the Drymount film...The second Fusion 4000 is hot mounted, very fragile and reversable...
    Thanks, now I understand. In your previous post you said

...Photo Fusion which is reversable is only applied hot and it is transparent and flimsy...
    so I'm concluding that Photo Fusion and Fusion 4000 are the same product. The key word here is transparent, which you've confirmed. I am aware that it handles less easily than Colormount, so will just have to get a roll and work out the process for myself. It's probably not more difficult than handling single-weight Azo when wet.

...sorry for the confusion...
    Please don't apologize! Your help with comparing the color of Colormount and Fusion 4000 in the same facility is much appreciated.