Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crown Graphic....some questions

Re: Crown Graphic....some questions

Thank you all for the advice! I examined the camera and noticed the left and right stop were set differently and the closer stop was down so I'm going to first test with it up and see how well it's focused before changing anything. I have a set of jewelers screwdrivers so they will come in handy if I need to move the stops

Are you expecting to use it as a rangefinder camera? if not, just a rough locator is good enough. If you want to use it as a rangefinder camera you'll need to be sure the rangefinder is set up correctly or has the correct cam for your lens.

By the way, the Graphics actually make quite usable rangefinder cameras for hand held shooting. I have 4 or 5 lenses that I use with mine but I only use the standard lens (127mm or 135mm usually) when using it handheld.

Thanks Jim. I plan to use the groundglass. Interesting...I only have the one lens now. I should try to rangefinder and see how awkward it is or not to use.

I shoot a Crown Graphic or Super Graphic hand-held and find focussing on the ground glass quick and easy, I usually shoot with 2 sometimes 3 lenses so using the rangefinder isn't really an option.

It's worth making sure you have a good bright focus screen, when I compared (and measured) my Crown Graphic was over 3 stops less bright than my Wista, with a new screen and a fresnel it's now just a fraction darker maybe ½ astop but is now very much easier to use.

Ian