Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Real Problem with View Camera Magazine

The Real Problem with View Camera Magazine

I prefer going on reading View Camera's last issue...

Do that, you poor silly boy.......

In the Free Articles section of our web site we have posted an article called Zoning With the Multi-Tasking Meter. Is details how to use the Sekonic L-608 for zone system work in black and white.

www.viewcamera.com

steve simmons

PS

Lets quit the ugly personal stuff. Tuan has put a lot of work into creating and maintaining this site ad we are abusing it.

I have printed out this entire tread and we will review everything that has been said.

The goal of View Camera magazine is to

promote large format show examples of photographs made with large fomat cameras show and review new and used equipment show how-t articles on lf technique and related darkroom work

steve simmons

Michael,

Your post is typical of many of those critical of View Camera magazine here: you call on Steve Simmons to improve the quality of his magazine, but you do so in a manner that would be offensive to any reasonable person in Steve's position. Do you not see that your post is sarcastic and consdescending in tone? What can you hope to accomplish by it, except to rebuff Steve's suggestion that we reintroduce a little civility into this discussion?

Michael,

Fair enough.

David

As a newcomer to the field, I have been reading this forum for instruction and inspiration and I have benefited from many of your thoughtful posts in the past. This thread, however, is shameful. The original post was needlessly caustic and most of the responses are just a mess of petty backbiting. Discussions like these do not promote the craft or strengthen the community of LFers. I, for one, have read enough--I am going to go out and take some photographs.

Those that have a problem with communicating to some advantage, should just shut up! Stan.

if you want to see a small scale niche publicaton that works, take a look at Wooden Boat. It's everthing that view camera often isn't - well written, well edited and designed, and visually interesting.

By comparison, View Camera often seems like amateur hour - a sort of hoppy publication. Wooden Boat also has a nice website that seems to work well (no it doesn't have loads of free articles, but it doesn't really need it - it's an effective portal to the magazine)