Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: for sale section. Yes I know why I can't see it, I think its stupid though.

Re: for sale section. Yes I know why I can't see it, I think its stupid though.

FS: all types of great LF cameras, lenses, brass lenses, shutter, film, backs, and light meters.

cheap as hell!

NO SHIPPING to any islands! NO shipping to the southern hemisphere.
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

No man is an island. Will you ship to Southern California?

How about New Mexico-most people on the east-coast think its in a third world country.....
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Kirk. BREAKING NEWS: people on the West Coast (southern half, especially) think the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Kirk. BREAKING NEWS: people on the West Coast (southern half, especially) think the same thing!
    !!!!!!!
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:

One thing to keep in mind. I would presume it a safe guess that most members here are not going to feel very confident selling to a new member who only registered a few days ago (or however short a period it may be). So even if a new member could beeline the FS: section, they may not have much luck. Earn some cred here, participate and one month will evaporate before you know it.

and welcome to LFPF !
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    How about New Mexico-most people on the east-coast think its in a third world country.....
    hey Kirk, I'm too lazy to look it up right now but how far is Albuquerque from Lourdes
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Just to add my $.02 as a new user who experienced the same frustration at first - being able to read the classifieds forum and search it gives some idea of what's available and what reasonable pricing is for those items. I purchased a camera on ebay and wasn't able to take advantage of the forums for historical context for the pricing - thankfully some of the members here are very kind and were willing to share some thoughts via PM.

I have been a member of other forums where it was read only for the first 30 days, and I think thats very reasonable.

I dont think the wait is unreasonable, but there is some research advantage to being able to read it before 30 days. After all, we're all here to learn.

Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    hey Kirk, I'm too lazy to look it up right now but how far is Albuquerque from Lourdes
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:

The way Bugs Bunny used to do it, Albuquerque was only one wrong turn from ANYWHERE.

Jonathan